“My Go-To for Prime Rib & Steak and just basic Good Food.”
Review of The Dublin

The Dublin
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I've been enjoying their weekend specials for quite some time and now I've learned their meats come from the Lucky Goat too! This had been a bar serving good food. It could get noisy and crowded at times but now with the recent expansion to a separate dining room, noise is no longer a problem. I did however miss the ambiance one gets in a pub room. I've heard they are renovating the pub area next and I just hope they expand the bar to facilitate more diners as well. (Little round bar tables are just too small for a good meal.) Having a better venue for enjoying local music groups is also a plus.

Their delicious Prime Rib is a generous portion of the "basics" (Meat/Potato/Veg) and when I combine it with their outstanding, homemade Clam Chowder, I usually have some left for take home. I'm not a big carrot lover but theirs are done like no other I've had (yum). The Mahi Reuben is a nice variation on a theme.

The staff has been quite pleasant and always helpful and I've enjoyed being able to chat with the Chefs and owner from time to time. (I've always taken it as a positive sign when they mix with the patrons.)

Want a friendly place for some good ole hometown cooking, look no further

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

First of all there were 2 ads in the local paper. One advertised Prime Rib dinner Friday & Saturday for $14.95. The other was for $15.95. Also, they advertised Happy Hour 4-6. Well, the price of the of the prime rib is actually $15.95 and The Dublin's version of Happy Hour is a BIG FAT $ .25 off bottled beer which is not our concept of Happy Hour.

I had the baked stuffed sole dinner. Sad to say that the only thing good about the dinner was the salad I opted to have in place of the vegetable. The stuffing was oily and it consisted of frozen spinach mixed with what tasted like Stovetop Stuffing.

My husband had the prime rib dinner. The meat was a large and thick slice that consisted mostly of fat and gristle. Yuck!

No bread was served with our meal and the waitress only stopped by at the end of our meal to see if we needed drink refills.

Also, the front door of the restaurant was propped open and flies were landing on our food constantly! If we wanted to eat outside we would have gone on a picnic!

Needless to say, our dinner dollars will not be spent here again!

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Paula and I stopped in here for dinner tonight. This is a very friendly and loud place on a Friday night. We came for the prime rib which was advertised in our regional paper.

We were seated immediately and a waitress came over to take our drink orders. Our drinks arrived and our waitress took our orders. Paula had the stuffed sole and I had the special prime rib. Both meals come with a choice of potato and several different vegetables or a house salad. We both had the baked potato and the house salad. My prime rib arrived and it was a generous cut but was tough, lacked any taste, and was mostly fat and gristle. The baked potato was small and only partially cooked. Paula's sole arrived after my rib and was served on a hot plate. Her sole was good but the stuffing tasted like it was made with stove top stuffing and frozen spinach. There was no bread or rolls served with the meal. The bill came to $44.00 with two drinks. I know that we will not be returning here anytime in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

Food was great. Large portion. Burger was excellent. Pulled pork sandwich was very, very good. Lively bar with lots of locals at 2pm on a Saturday. Oh yeah - and service was great too.

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

We both really enjoyed our food; fresh and portions were generous. Service was excellent. If you like pub ambiance, a good choice.