Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I stay at this hotel with my families for one night on June 25, 2016, didn't know anything about this area or the hotel, first I have a reservation at another hotel and decided to changed it to this one, my first impression wasn't to good, do to the smell at front desk, later I notice it was because the breakfast is serve near the front desk, the room were excellent, clean, confortable and enouth towers,

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 June 2016

My wife and I had reservations and checked into our room at 4:00 in the afternoon. While checking in a guest was standing behind us and wanted to talk to the clerk. The clerk told him to wait a minute but the guest wanted to fight. The next thing you know they were yelling at each other. It was pretty funny because the guest wasn't going to get anywhere acting like that. After the argument the clerk apologized (he was not at fault) and we went to our room. The room was hot so first thing was to turn on the AC. We had been riding a motorcycle all day so the next thing was to take a shower. Once freshened up we went out to dinner. We had a great meal then we had some motorcycle trouble so we got back to the hotel late maybe 11:00. When we got to the room (3rd floor) the key didn't work. Walk down get it reactivated. walk up and it doesn't work again. Walk back down and that is when the clerk ask our name and tells us we are going to the wrong room. We show him the key that says what room is ours. He says no "you are wrong" and puts us into a different room. The new room isn't an issue, but all our stuff was in the room on the 3rd floor. I guess when the person showed up in our room and all our stuff was there the management sent our stuff to lost and found. Luckily for us our stuff was all together. When we got to our new room it smelled like a smoking room, but they didn't have another room for us so we stayed in it anyway. Of course we had to start the whole AC over again. If it wasn't for the stinky room and the preroom fight and the room change at 11:00 and the part where our stuff get sent to lost and found it would have been an great place to stay. The breakfast was fine in the morning.

Room Tip: Not really sure what tip to give here.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edbishop55
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I guess it could have been worse? Which isn't really a good thing...

The hotel is definitely family-owned and operated. I did expect a little more from a Quality Inn, but overall the experience didn't leave me never wanting to come back. I had stayed here for about a week (booked by my employer and paid for by them, so I can't really complain that much!). The front desk clerk at check in was extremely friendly, and so were the staff through-out the week...but being friendly can only make up for so much. They advertise the hotel as "newly renovated" but it's still in the process of being renovated, with construction work going on right into the night (9pm). The hotel has the vibe that some people do actually live here, so be aware of that. The walls are paper thin, you will get to know a lot about the people to the left and right of you...

The room I got was clean-ish upon check-in. I had one of the newly "renovated" rooms, nothing really to complain about here. The bathroom was clean, new rugs and wallpaper, but the furniture was definitely not new. It's seen better days. Very comfortable mattress and clean sheets with a large shower in bathroom...

Unfortunately every surface in the room was sticky. Opening the drapes? Sticky handle. Change the channel? Sticky controller. Microwave and fridge are the same, sticky. The rooms are advertised as non-smoking but have absolutely been smoked in for YEARS before the renovation. You know the smell I'm talking about...the stale, saturated smokers house smell that unless you literally burn down the entire house and rebuild - you'll smell whiffs of musty smoke forever. Had to stop by local Target and buy Febreeze.

Don't get me started on what came to be an event every time I wanted to get back into room. They key entry to the room needs to be fondled, caressed and coxed into working. Oh, which brings me to another point...the back door to the hotel does not lock. Sketchy.

The last and critical issue I had was the dated wall AC unit. "newly renovated" clearly does not apply to this thing. It's old. Probably older than me. It's loud, turns off and on with a bang and rattle and didn't seem to really work all that well...leaving a lot to be desired in terms of cooling the room. Working out in the heat all, one expects to return to frigid room.

But now that all of that is out of the way, if you expect luxury - look elsewhere. If you expect high standards, modern amenities and a hotel that hasn't been around for probably more than half a century, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a place that won't break your wallet or your back, I'd stick with this place.

Overall, if it was not fully paid for by my employer, there would definitely have been an issue with their "No Refunds" policy. But I sucked it up and stayed for the week because my employer would have just ended up calling me a Diva and laughing at me.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Hotel was clean. That said, I left my glasses in the room and didn't notice them gone until I was far away. I know; my mistake but I would have thought they would send them to me complimentary. Mr. Patel would not return the untiil I sent them a pre-paid mailer. I. Used my rewards points for payment. This should have indicated that I am a loyal choice customer. Took over 2 weeks to get my glasses. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Don D
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Needed a room for an overnight stay in Danbury last minute. Have stayed here a few years ago, so looked at the pricing. The "best internet" pricing for the king suite (just a single room, but larger with a sofa bed) was only slightly higher than the much smaller single queen room, so went this route. The room was very nice sized for my wife and I. The room was very clean and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. My wife told me in the morning it was one of her best night's sleeps away from home.
Breakfast in the morning is standard continental fare. The eggs this time were dry and hard though. The must have been sitting on the warmer for too long.
The hotel is on a pretty busy street and making a left to get back on the expressway can be tricky. If you are familiar with driving in Boston though, and just go for it, you will be okay. If not, take a right out of the hotel and turn around in the Harley dealership (my parent's suggestion).
There is an indoor pool and a weight room, but we did not partake of these amenities this trip.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple