All reviews pretzels doing renovations waffles free breakfast in the morning sweet rolls room key hot breakfast large room housekeeping staff the breakfast area off the highway applebees microwave storm chlorine closet gps
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I guess it could have been worse? Which isn't really a good thing...

The hotel is definitely family-owned and operated. I did expect a little more from a Quality Inn, but overall the experience didn't leave me never wanting to come back. I had stayed here for about a week (booked by my employer and paid for by them, so I can't really complain that much!). The front desk clerk at check in was extremely friendly, and so were the staff through-out the week...but being friendly can only make up for so much. They advertise the hotel as "newly renovated" but it's still in the process of being renovated, with construction work going on right into the night (9pm). The hotel has the vibe that some people do actually live here, so be aware of that. The walls are paper thin, you will get to know a lot about the people to the left and right of you...

The room I got was clean-ish upon check-in. I had one of the newly "renovated" rooms, nothing really to complain about here. The bathroom was clean, new rugs and wallpaper, but the furniture was definitely not new. It's seen better days. Very comfortable mattress and clean sheets with a large shower in bathroom...

Unfortunately every surface in the room was sticky. Opening the drapes? Sticky handle. Change the channel? Sticky controller. Microwave and fridge are the same, sticky. The rooms are advertised as non-smoking but have absolutely been smoked in for YEARS before the renovation. You know the smell I'm talking about...the stale, saturated smokers house smell that unless you literally burn down the entire house and rebuild - you'll smell whiffs of musty smoke forever. Had to stop by local Target and buy Febreeze.

Don't get me started on what came to be an event every time I wanted to get back into room. They key entry to the room needs to be fondled, caressed and coxed into working. Oh, which brings me to another point...the back door to the hotel does not lock. Sketchy.

The last and critical issue I had was the dated wall AC unit. "newly renovated" clearly does not apply to this thing. It's old. Probably older than me. It's loud, turns off and on with a bang and rattle and didn't seem to really work all that well...leaving a lot to be desired in terms of cooling the room. Working out in the heat all, one expects to return to frigid room.

But now that all of that is out of the way, if you expect luxury - look elsewhere. If you expect high standards, modern amenities and a hotel that hasn't been around for probably more than half a century, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a place that won't break your wallet or your back, I'd stick with this place.

Overall, if it was not fully paid for by my employer, there would definitely have been an issue with their "No Refunds" policy. But I sucked it up and stayed for the week because my employer would have just ended up calling me a Diva and laughing at me.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Hotel was clean. That said, I left my glasses in the room and didn't notice them gone until I was far away. I know; my mistake but I would have thought they would send them to me complimentary. Mr. Patel would not return the untiil I sent them a pre-paid mailer. I. Used my rewards points for payment. This should have indicated that I am a loyal choice customer. Took over 2 weeks to get my glasses. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Don D
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Needed a room for an overnight stay in Danbury last minute. Have stayed here a few years ago, so looked at the pricing. The "best internet" pricing for the king suite (just a single room, but larger with a sofa bed) was only slightly higher than the much smaller single queen room, so went this route. The room was very nice sized for my wife and I. The room was very clean and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. My wife told me in the morning it was one of her best night's sleeps away from home.
Breakfast in the morning is standard continental fare. The eggs this time were dry and hard though. The must have been sitting on the warmer for too long.
The hotel is on a pretty busy street and making a left to get back on the expressway can be tricky. If you are familiar with driving in Boston though, and just go for it, you will be okay. If not, take a right out of the hotel and turn around in the Harley dealership (my parent's suggestion).
There is an indoor pool and a weight room, but we did not partake of these amenities this trip.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Expected more from a Quality Inn but this must be one of the older ones. Checking in we were greeted by a friendly male clerk who was very helpful! Entrance older but clean and room had an updated bathroom and was clean. We had supper at a diner across the street - was good! The breakfast was fine with eggs (usual watery) and sausage rounds, bread for toast, yogurt, pastry some fruit. Coffee - juice! Very close to a main road that was quite loud at night with traffic!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caper906
Reviewed 1 May 2016

First, I went in with a coupon stating $65 for a room, according to the women they were sold out. At 3:00pm with 4 cars in there lot, 'they were sold out?" She wanted to charge me over $100 for 2 beds in a room. i said "no" I'll go somewhere else. Then the price went down. As I said no the price went down further. i was charged $72 for my room (which should have been $65) I belong to a program which at first she wouldn't accept. After I left for the car, her manager told her to accept it. I checked out the pool but decided not to swim. Apparently there were infants learning to swim only with their diapers on, no protection from what was in the diapers. The rooms were nice but the walls were paper thin. I could hear the people in the next room. Breakfast was below average. Not pleased at all from the start. Plus this motel is far (farther than I would have liked) from the interstate and hard to get back on.

Room Tip: Breakfast not good; very loud (traffic) thin walls;pool shd be checked, coupons not honored. Not close to interstate.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family