“Excellent crepes and gyros”
Review of Ambrosia

Ambrosia
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Cromwell
Reviewed 15 November 2016

A family owned and operated restaurant, they took a small store space and made into a very pleasant restaurant. Tastefully decorated, there is seating for thirty. It isn't a romantic setting; however, the paint colors, paintings, and several large monitors with beautiful National Geographic-style photographs make a nice ambiance. Take out is an option as well (call or text orders). Eating in, from the menu, you select and order at the counter, the food is brought to your table. All items are cooked to order.

On the menu are a variety of gyros, a variety of crepes that are good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, as well as a number of sweet crepes. There are additional items available. We had a chicken crepe and a stuffed crepe - both excellent. Others at the restaurant had gyros and sweet crepes. Everyone seemed to be very happy with their meals.

We'll be back!

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank HasCT

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Ambrosia has become a regular trip for us for a satisfying lunch. The chicken gyro is my choice, although I request my french fries on the side, instead of in the gyro. The outer pita shell is the softest I have ever had. The sandwich is always stuffed full of moist, tender yummy chicken, fresh tzatziki sauce, plump fresh tomato, lettuce and onions. Just delicious. I have also succumbed to the Nutella Crepe which is absolutely tremendous. The crepe is wafer thin, spread with Nutella and folded over into a decadent treat. Their breakfast sandwiches are also well done. The staff is sweet, friendly and courteous. Definitely a gem in Cromwell.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Keirsten E
Reviewed 17 May 2016

1. Very clean !
2. Very nice, friendly, hospitable !
3. Food very good. Try the home made crepes ! They are very large!
4. Sweet and or, savory crepes ! ( chicken, lamb, pork)
5. Gyros good too !
6. Cappucino machine !
7. Highly recommend !!!!!
8. Open at 7am , serves breakfast all day!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Cam O
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Good, fresh food at its best. The pork gyro was excellent. The veggies were fresh and the pork was so tender and tasty. I'm not a big French fry fan but I ate every one. They were seasoned just right. We also had the spinach and Brie crepe and the Greek salad. Both were also delicious. We will have to go back for a banana crepe. Sadly, I just didn't have room!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank ConnTravelor
Reviewed 25 April 2016

You are handed a paper menu and told to sit anywhere. It is very very clean. You go to the counter and place your order. Cold drink bottles are in a help yourself glass door refrigerator. I had the Romainian crepes and they were so good and not sweet. Others in my party had banana/strawberry crepes, & apple crepes. Some member of my prty had been there before and just raved about the place as the food is so good.
The only thing I can find fault with is the chairs sliding on the tile floor which is very noisey. Perhaps rubber pads would help.

Date of visit: April 2016