“Ok nothing special”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Place is very dark and I dine with a person that can't see well in darker rooms so not advisable to bring someone with the same issue, food was ok nothing special staff had a bit of a language barrier hard to understand what they were saying at timea

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I have been coming here for years. Out entire party of 13 people were so disappointed by the quality and the taste of the hibachi tonight. And it's pretty hard to mess up hibachi. The chef seemed very young and inexperienced. I'm not one to ever give bad reviews. But after spending $50 on 2 meals and an order of sushi, I will never return here. Please don't waste your money and go to another place for hibachi.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I just ordered two Alaskan rolls, one with tuna, both with brown rice. When I picked up the order, which I was charged two dollars more than I was normally charged (on the phone she said the up charge was for brown rice but when I picked it up she said it was for the tuna. When I got home the two rolls had white rice not brown rice. When I called to complain she yelled at me for 10 minutes and told me I didn't understand and that I should come down and look at the color of the rice! Unbelievable. I have been an Oyama customer since they opened and have never been treated so rudely. When I requested to speak to a manager she said she was a manager which I highly doubt because she had no customer service skills whatsoever. So disappointed in this experience. Signed , WAS a loyal customer!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We had been coming to Oyama for the last couple of years. The last 3 times were very disappointing. Tonight's Hibachi
take out was extremely disgusting. The rice tasted like minute rice and the entire meal was definitely not hibachi'd. The shrimp was undercooked and still looked a little clear. The salad was a serving size of about 2 oz and the whole salad was brown and old. The chicken, shrimp, rice, vegetables, and noodles all seemed cooked in a microwave. Absolutely nothing was Hibachi'd but we paid hibachi prices. When I called to tell them we weren't planning on coming again they did nothing to rectify. I told her we will won't be back

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I am not a sushi lover but my son says the sushi here is very good. I opt for the Chinese entrees, which were also good. We visited here twice and both times the restaurant was not busy.