“My son loves the sushi”

Oyama Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2017

I am not a sushi lover but my son says the sushi here is very good. I opt for the Chinese entrees, which were also good. We visited here twice and both times the restaurant was not busy.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

While staying at the nearby Courtyard, we stopped in for some Sushi to hold us over until we went to a celebratory event later that evening. We ordered 2 different kinds of sushi and each of us had a glass of wine. The service was pleasant and very efficient. Our meals arrived in no time and the sushi was some of the best I've ever had. Fresh & delicious! Highly recommend Oyama!

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Not so fresh and along with the fruit flies buzzing my sushi. I wasn't impressed at all. A big thumbs down on this place.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I ate here twice for dinner. One time I had sushi, another time I had a bunch of rolls and a special entree. The place was not crowded and the staff was friendly and attentive, but I thought the food was just "OK" - not memorable. The hot sake was very good, especially the first time I ate there as it was quite cold outside. I know there is another Japanese restaurant in the area - if I were going back for sushi I would probably try the other local restaurant.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

To be honest I only ate there once and I will not go back. The food was not the freshest, it was expensive for very small portions and the waitress was unfriendly.