All reviewsgeneral storehousatonic riversignalinnsmicrowavebedswifishuttle
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This motel is clean and friendly. It is reasonably close to the trail. A 1.3 mile walk at most. The General Store is a great resupply store just before the motel. Had a cheap good breakfast in the morning there. I would highly recommend this place. Good wifi at motel. There is no cell signal at the trailhead however need to call before coming down off the hill. Convenience store at the bottom of the hill has signal.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I booked a room through Expedia for July 8. I was going to the Goshen Balloon festival and wanted to stay up there to catch the early morning balloon launch. I had a confirmation from Expedia that my room was booked. After driving over an hour we arrived at the hotel only to be told that they did not have my reservation. The female employee said she did not understand why Expedia did not send over my information. When I called Expedia they told me my reservation was cancelled by the hotel. I never received any notice from the hotel that they cancelled my reservation nor did I receive anything from Expedia. The female employee was not helpful and could not offer any solution. So beware of this establishment and maybe think twice about Expedia.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Small, 12 unit, family-run motel. No frills, small but clean. For a family with 2 teenagers, the option for a double bed plus 2 twin beds was key. The double was even in its own small room. 2 of the 12 units are set up this way. Bathroom very small, especially shower. So if you need extra room, this is not the place. But if you are looking for functional, it's fine. Comes with wall AC, mini fridge with working freezer and microwave. Our bed was very firm but I found comfortable. Walls are very thin but our neighbors were quiet. Cute country store with hot breakfast, deli, bakery and groceries a 2 minute walk up the road. Pricey as far as motels go but a lot less than the other inn and B&B options in the area, especially for family of 4.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This is a most convenient place to stay for fishermen.
To start with it's perfectly situated just a few minutes driving from the Housatonic River.
The rooms are very comfortable with king size beds, very clean, with all necessary amenities available, including wifi with a a good and powerful signal.
Besides the tenants are quite nice, and friendly.
Definitely to be recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

We needed a place to sleep while visiting for my mother's funeral because my husband is handicapped and couldn't make the stairs at any of my relatives '. The only reason it even got one star was because the bed was actually not that bad.

What a dump! We had to drive back to my brother's to borrow an orange cord to plug in his breathing machine because there was only one outlet all the way across the room. Not only that, but we had reserved a king bed, and the first key they gave us didn't work. So the manager jimmies the window to open the door!! It was a room with a twin and double bed that reeked of cigarettes. They finally gave us the king room. Did I feel safe?!?

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple