“Fried oysters by the sea”
Review of Rocky's Aqua

Rocky's Aqua
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rocky's is located in Cedar Island Marina overlooking Clinton Harbor, Cedar Island and Long Island Sound. Enjoy the never ending activity with the constant boat traffic, the southwesterly trade winds on one of our two beautiful decks.
Reviewed 1 June 2015

I visited Aqua over the weekend with some friends who would go just for the mussels. The mussel appetizer is cooked in a tomato based broth with chopped Chorizo and white beans and served with bread. The mussels were of good size and fresh. Unfortunately, the mussels were not served until after our food arrived. The restaurant apologized and offered to hold them until we were ready, but we didn’t see the value in holding them. The appetizer was average sized (good for two to share) and the mussels were tasty, spicy from the chorizo but not hot and the broth was good when soaked in the bread (which was slightly stale). No bowl for the shells provided.
One of my friends ordered the tuna wrap and that looked good and didn’t disappoint. Someone else had the fish and chips and recommended that while very good, should be ordered with the French fries on the side as the moist fish made the fries uneatable. My meal of fried oysters was perfect! The oysters were very fresh and cooked perfectly.
Good selection of local beer on tap, I had the Cranky IPA (Stoney Creek) and someone else had the Thimble Island IPA. The Cranky was good, however I thought the Thimble Island beer tasted off…my friend didn’t notice so maybe it was taste buds?
The view from our table was fantastic and our service excellent (besides the mussel being late). There appeared to be plenty of parking, but handicap parking was limited…and the parking lot was not even so plan accordingly.
Overall, a pleasant day and a good meal by the water.

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Paul, thanks for a great review, please let me know what I can do to earn 5 stars. When you return, please ask for me, I'd love to meet you........

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

Rocky's Aqua has been newly renovated. The renovation is welcoming and inviting. The crisp blue and white interior compliments the stunning waterfront views of Clinton Harbor. I had the swordfish for dinner and it was excellent , my son had the prime rib and he enjoyed that as well.

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2015

We are constantly trying to improve your experience here, it's so rewarding for all of us to hear those words. I can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I live close by and have been here 3 times in six years. Didn't like it the first time and wrote a so-so review on Trip Advisor 2 years ago for my second time there. This time was different and I'm so glad!

11 of us came in for an early dinner on Saturday. Our Server "Meechy", as it says on my bill, was very attentive & knowledgable. Best part is that every appetizer (my favorite was the mussels) and entree was great-delicious.

I'm so glad this is the case because restaurants with such a beautiful view are hard to come by. Only suggestion would be to update the website menu at aquaonthewater.com . A couple of people had their heart set on a salmon dish which was not on the menu when we arrived.

Anywat, glad i have another place on the water to have a great meal & view!

Your review proves how hard we work to do things the right way.............thank you.

Reviewed 23 December 2014

Aqua has been one of our "go to" places when we don't know where we want to go or don't feel like leaving town. The majority of the food is average, but there are a few standouts. The calamari is fried perfectly, and the sauces provided are wonderful. Lobster Ravioli is another good dish. Drinks are well mixed, and they usually have at least one or two interesting beers on tap. Be warned, the place can get very busy on the weekends.

1  Thank youngcoachman
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2015

We love to be a go to place and most importantly we appreciate feedback, that helps us improve. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

It's really all about the atmosphere and service. The food is very OK. Actually the fries are excellent. Be sure to ask for home made ranch dressing with your fries. My wife and I have been several times in the past year and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and the view is wonderful.

1  Thank Gary K
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2015

What a great review, I want to know what we can do to earn 5 stars, please let us know.

Rocky

Been to Rocky's Aqua? Share your experiences!