“Best Fish Tacos in the area”

SHANKS Waterfront Dining
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Description: SHANKS is the greatest new waterfront dining experience on the CT Shoreline, located in Clinton Harbor right at Harborside Marina in Clinton, CT. Our glorified "Food Boat" was created from a 1974 Bruno & Stillman 42 foot Commercial Lobster Boat, completely customized to house a state of the art commercial kitchen, capable of cooking fresh seafood, lobster, burgers, and much more. We offer classic New England fry, healthy choices, and land-lubber options. The view and location is second to none, and all the food is made-to-order. We are NOW OPEN for our 3rd season and operating seasonally until Columbus Day (weather permitting)! Our NEW breakfast menu will be available on Friday-Sunday beginning July 7, 2018.
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I've been going to Shanks since they opened at the beginning of the summer. The first time I went, I had the yummy Fried Scallops. The second time, they had added Fish Tacos to the menu. I've only discovered fish tacos in the last few years, but I now think I know a good fish taco when I taste one. These are GREAT. I love the fresh mango salsa and the creamy spicy chipotle crema that they serve with them. I brought my aunt and uncle recently and they don't like spicy, so they ordered them with homemade tartar sauce and loved them. My mum loves their grilled fish sandwich and gets it every time. I love that they have the elevated deck, which gives you the best view around. It's fun to be there when a fishing boat comes in and you can see what they caught. A marvelous shoreline experience, from start to finish.

1  Thank ktbn27

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

This is a new restaurant this year. Great location right at the harbor. Outdoor seating is awesome. Good variety of meals on the menu. It's BYOB, so if you want beer or wine you can bring your own cooler.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

After a long day at the outlets, my daughter and I decided that we would like some fresh seafood. We saw an advertisement at Clinton and decided to try the waterfront dining at Shanks. We ordered the shrimp salad, and fish and chips. Shrimp was not fully cooked, fish greasy and not fully cooked. Waitress comes by and ask, "how is everything?"' I express my disappointment in the undercooked seafood, She says,
"Oh, we'll reimburse you." That never happened. Great view though! Should have went to Lenny and Joe's. Lesson learned.

3  Thank Sherene F
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Great view.. Tacos were good could have been a little spicier... Scallops were good ... Fries were awesome...don't forget to BYOB

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Food was ok, but service was poor. My wife ordered a cheeseburger rare and it came out well done. I ordered the shrimp plate and they forgot the cocktail sauce. By the time we got a waiter and he delivered it the shrimp was cold. They gave me a new hot order, but now my wife had finished her lunch. We ordered 2 sodas. They were not cold. The view is great, but we will not go back there again.

1  Thank Phillip B