All reviews new haven main street room was clean and comfortable rooms are large cinnamon rolls general manager min drive third floor biscuits and gravy business trip desk staff attending a wedding walls are very thin the breakfast area the entire hotel yogurt stayed here for one night
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Walls are paper thin. A cacophony of tv's blaring, doors slamming, people marching in the room above, and kids running in the halls (on a school night in September?). This went on all night long. Front entrance littered with cigerette butts. Unsavory characters just kinda hanging around - I suspect this place was home to a few of them. Won't be back.

Room Tip: If you must pick a top floor room and make sure you bolt the door.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hi hafjell,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

I know that you were disappointed with the soundproofing of our rooms and cleanliness of our hotel. It's a continuous process as we strive further in making our services from good to great. The circumstances you have mentioned are not what I want you to experience with any of our properties. As IHG wants to make your every stay flawless, your thoughts are taken into account and are shared with our hotel management to be used as a reference to better your next experience with us.

We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I visit a friend in Guilford every year and this is where I stay. They have remodelled the common areas and moved the gym to the basement to expand the lobby as well. Desk Staff is always attentive an pleasant. (Though I have tried to call the hotel on several occasions and the phone was unanswered.) Rooms clean and comfortable. Try not to get a room facing the car dealership, which has bright lights at night. Pool is a little small but pleasant and clean. Breakfast has warm sweet rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles and the usual assortment of cold fruit, cereal, etc.

Room Tip: Not on the car dealership side.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We were traveling from Boston to New York and decided on a break mid way. Very convenient location near the highway. Very large clean and comfortable rooms and friendly staff , great restaurant/ bar across the road and a liquor store next door.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed with family for a nearby wedding for my daughter. Very nice front desk woman got us in a room early. Room had a minor issue, she switched us no problem. New room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked. General manager even offered to drive my daughter when Uber didn’t show, very nice touch. Whole staff was really great, wonderful stay!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This location is 2/10 mi south of exit 55 of I-95 on business US-1. Next door is a pizza/sub restaurant. Directly across the road is a newly opened steak house,(Google Maps show it as a Hibachi house).There is a variety of restaurants and a multi screen movie theater within a 3 min drive.
The property has been recently remodeled and is clean enough that I mistook it as brand new. The staff is very friendly (on a 3 night stay).The breakfast is as good as you find in this price range. The TV has 68 channels,(including HBO, YES, NESN, NBCSN, and BBCA).
2 (minor) issues, first there is no entrance that aligns with a traffic signal. But the shoulders are paved and are wide enough that traffic can get by you as you wait to make a left turn.The other is since this is a wood structure (which transmits noise) the HVAC is set so you can't get the constant fan on to drown out the noise of your neighbors.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo