All reviews baymont inn and suites indoor pool dunkin donuts new haven sauna belongings
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Over the last 2-3 years I have been doing more travel and overnights in Connecticut. I am always happy when I can find a hotel close to where I need to work , at a good price with good food close by. This turned out to be one of those places.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Swim at your own risk
We needed to stop because my 88 year old father was very ill. The check in process took way to long with considering it was obvious that my father was ill. I finally asked for a key so he could get to a room. I was told there were only 2 studio suites available and I was fine with that. The initial quote was extremely high. In the end I paid 135.00 per room. The room should have been around 55.00 considering the condition of the property. The room it self was ok. We had space and my grandson slept on the sleeper sofa. There was no elevator so I do not consider this hotel suitable for disabled guests. The indoor pool was the most disgusting pool that I have ever seen. I will post pictures. The pool area was in need of repair and possibly needed to be closed for safety issues. I am unable to post pictures of the filthy pool because I deleted them from my phone, however; they were mistakenly posted under Days Inn and suites by Wyndham Banford/New Haven. I frequently mystery shop hotels, and this one would have been reported to the health department.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018

The staff of this hotel are great!!! The rooms have an awful odor. We experienced two different rooms and both smelled the same. The hallways were also must and smokey smelling. All clothes needed washing after our stay, due to odor.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Rooms where not clean including stains on the walls, bathroom shower in need of replacement as well as being dirty. Smell of cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room. Overall the hotel was in desperate need of attention and upgrade.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We were here for a family wedding. The rooms were nice, but there were a couple of issues. One is that the back doors to the hotel were unlocked rather than secured with access only by a pass key. That made me nervous. At 2am I was woken up by a barking dog in the corridor. I got the sense that there were long term guests here. The halls reeked of cigarettes. Again, our room was clean but the security issue was not OK in my mind.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family