“Spectacular Food and Service!!!”
Review of Arethusa al tavolo

Arethusa al tavolo
Reserve with OpenTable
Arethusa al tavolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Bantam
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were in the Bantam Lake area and my brother-in-law recommended that we go to Arethusa al tavolo for dinner. This well-appointed place was packed, but there was room for our party of 4 at the bar. It was definitely a good choice. Hector, our server/bartender was one of the busiest most precise restaurant people I have ever seen. We ordered a bottle of wine, an amazing Barolo, and we were presented with an equally amazing amuse-bouche. The menu, for an upscale restaurant, had a large number of appetizer and entrée choices and there were also several specials. The choice was difficult, but I ordered the flat bread appetizer and the halibut. I also tasted the steak that one of the other diners had. For dessert I ordered the fried rice pudding. Everything was spectacular.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 21 October 2018

My friend picked up from the Hartford airport and asked if I wanted to go to a good restaurant or an outstanding restaurant. I asked, "how far away is the outstanding restaurant?" She replied, "about an hour." I was reluctant to drive that far knowing that we'd have to drive an hour to get to her home. Her insistence that it would be a phenomenal meal and that she was going to do all the driving convinced me to go along for the ride.

Thank goodness I did! The meal we had at Arethusa al Tavolo was one of the most memorable meals I have ever had. From my first sip of an old-fashioned I knew I was in for a treat. We sampled a number of appetizers. The grilled octopus was perfection, tender and well-seasoned. The lump crab and smoke salmon crepe melted in my mouth. The scallops tasted like they were fresh off the boat. And, the ice cream for dessert? Creamy and delicious. What a treat to land in Connecticut and, quite unexpectedly, have a meal I won't ever forget.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Delightful country find! Food and service tasty and tasteful! Would return often for lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Charming, excellent service, unusual menue, great food! Of course coming back!!
Beautiful spot in lovely town of Litchfield. Attached to restaurant is homemade ice cream from the restaurants farm.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We decided to take a chance and see if there were 2 seats at the bar for a nice quiet evening. It was perfect as there were six seats available at the bar. The bartender is a first-class guy who gave us the entrée specials for the night .A nice glass of wine made it the perfect evening. The bread was fantastic along with there own butter.

Date of visit: September 2018