“Exquisite quisine”

Durbar Nepalese & Indian Bistro
Ranked #23 of 75 Restaurants in Winter Park
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We love Nepalese food and remembered friends from Nepal recommending this place. The food was delicious. A word of caution, be sure to check on the level of spiciness when you order. We ordered mild and it was still a little spicy. We were able to tone it down some with their yogurt sauce. The staff is very welcoming.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was my second visit to Durbar and both times the food exceeded expectations. The menu is extensive with meat, chicken, fish,and vegetarian options. The portions are generous and we usually end up with some to take home. It is nice to have a few people in your group and order several different dishes, so you can taste more of the menu items offered. The service is good and very helpful with making suggestions for ordering. Will be back.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My wife and I love Indian food, so we were excited to find Durbar. It was particularly convenient for us because we were staying about a half mile away on the hill behind the Cooper Creek Center. However, the entrees were so generous that walking turned out to be bad idea!

The restaurant is located on the second floor of the open-air mall, so it was peaceful with a minimum of noise and foot traffic. We had a nice table with views of the trees and birds. The restaurant was clean and well maintained, and the service was prompt.

We're vegetarian, so we were thrilled with the many options available to us in every category of the menu. The menu seemed to be dominated by familiar Indian dishes, so I couldn't tell you what counted as Nepalese. We had the combo appetizer plate, which was very good. For our entrees, we chose a chickpea dish and an okra dish with basmati rice and rosemary naan. Both dishes were excellent and the naan was thin, buttery, and delicious. However, after the appetizers, we were only able to finish about half, so we took home enough for a second meal.

We enjoyed the meal and would definitely go back. We wish we had a Durbar in our home town.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to a Nepalese restaurant and I was not sure what to order. The server suggested the lunch special and that's what I went with: tandoori chicken, jasmine rice, naan bread and hot pickled veggies with rice pudding. Service was quick and the food was delicious. The only thing I did not care for was the rice pudding. The water had a hint of citrus and subtle spice and was very refreshing. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and would definitely recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

amazed to find such good food in down home Winter Park . Excellent food-had Lamb dish and shrimp saag. Both very tasty and more than adequate portions. Fresh Naan was excellent. Mango Lassi was refreshing. Excellent service in comfortable surroundings.