“Profanity, uncleanliness”

Ranked #33 of 75 Restaurants in Winter Park
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We went for a family brunch with my young kids in late March 2018. The owner/manager?...I assume was his position... sat several men at the bar inches from our table. The profanity was like a landslide and totally unacceptable right in front of my 6 year old daughter. He did nothing to qualm it. And the floors, downright filthy! I didn't even want my Sorel boots, designed for mud and crap, touching the floor. It looked like it hadn't been mopped for weeks. I wanted to vomit when looking down. I even skipped using the restrooms after eating even though I had to pee. Wanted out of there asap! Food was pretty average. Waitress was friendly. However, l will never step foot back through that door.

1  Thank AKCOmama

Reviewed 27 March 2018

One of the worst experiences I've ever witnessed. The manager has a major anger problem. As we were sitting waiting for our togo food, my friends and I witnessed quite the scene go down at the Rise and Shine. One of the servers gave the wrong food out (it's unfortunate, but I've worked as a server for years and mistakes are made - nobodys perfect) but the manager starts screaming loudly how they need to have a meeting and completely humiliated his servers in front of the entire restaurant...VERY unprofessional. He then gets so mad, he storms out of the restaurant and throws a chair out of his anger which literally was inches away from being thrown at my boyfriend who was just sitting there waiting for the food we just paid for. I was in absolute disgust. I hope those employees find better work and that this manager is out of a job. Oh and the food was awful too.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Great breakfast food. The old blonde lady was totally uncool. Her choice of words and condescending tone made it clear our group was unwanted there for some reason. Will not be back due to her disrespect. poor poor poor customer service.
Seriously, who charges that much mediocre donut?

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

One waitress working, really slow service... food is mediocre at best. You are better off going to McDonald's for better service and better quality.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Dropped into this little bakery/cafe while on a ski trip to Winter Park. Everything we ordered over two visits was very good and reasonably priced, considering the very generous portions. Come hungry or perhaps share a plate-really! My wife and I split a huge breakfast Burrito and it was plenty for both of us. Very popular with locals, the service could be a bit slow as the staff was a bit overwhelmed at times-but it was not for lack of hustle so we held no grudge. Overall a Great local cafe for lunch or breakfast!