All reviewshot tubsteadman clinicwithin walking distancebus stopfive minute walkan older propertysmall refrigeratortwo sinksoutdoor poolbit datedfree shuttlelionshead villageeasy accesslocation was perfectlobbyaltitudeslopes
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

I had never been to Vail, so didn't know what to expect. I got the Evergreen Hotel on a Hotwire deal and was nervous based on ratings online. However, we had an awesome stay! The front desk people were very friendly. The room was clean and was serviced each day with new towels and soaps. It had plenty of room for me, my husband and our son (on the pull out couch). There was water and cookies in the lobby everyday. We went down to the hot tub each night.

It was the perfect location to walk to either Vail Village or Lionshead. We never found the need to use the bus. In fact, there is a picturesque walking trail from the Evergreen into Lionshead where I took some amazing photos of the snow in the woods.

One night, we had dinner and drinks at the hotel restaurant and bar. We enjoyed being able to play games, and their food was surprisingly good.

Overall, we thought it was an excellent stay! But, if you are used to some of the more posh hotels in Vail, this may not be for you.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Hey Houston,

Thanks a lot for your great review. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and mentioning so many of our amenities. We're really glad you enjoyed yourself during your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I stayed here for the women's Skadi Event. It was close to Lionshead and the gondola. The room had everything I needed. Front desk staff was kind and helpful. Very clean. I definitely will plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: There are mountains on all sides actually.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Hey Mama Lou,

Thanks for your review. We are very glad you had a great experience while you were here. We'll look forward to taking care of you again the next time you stay with us. Take care,

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

My son and I came to the Vail area to celebrate our birthdays. We did not ski but just did some site seeing. We stayed at Evergreen due to the closeness of it to both gondolas and the downtown area. We had an awesome time and the mountains are breathtaking! Our stay was great. The beds were comfortable, the hot tub was very clean and hot, and the bar/restaurant was good without being too crowded. We didn't have any issues with this reasonably priced hotel! The walls are a bit thin though but ok! Come and enjoy yourself at the Evergreen Lodge!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Hey Werps,

Thanks so much for coming up and celebrating your birthdays with us. We're glad you found everything accommodating and to your liking.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

They allowed the room next to me to have a party with 15 people til 3 am after I called the front desk three times.I got no sleep and couldn't go snowboarding due to deliriousness following that night.I had to drive four hours back home and wasted hundreds of bucks down the tubes...They have No security at all

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank James B

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with us. However, this review is partially dishonest and we believe we handled your situation appropriately and are frankly surprised to see this review posted.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

If you want to save some money and you don't mind an aging hotel that's a little frayed around the edges and gets drafty close to the windows, then this is your place. It has ample parking, just off the frontage road and in the village. has a great Nepalese/Indian restaurant and a sports bar as well. NIce, large hot tub,sauna and an outdoor pool round it out. The walls seemed to transmit noise from adjacent rooms more than I would have liked. At some times of the year you could get a better price at a higher end resort but during season this one will certainly save some money. Parking is included in the very reasonable resort fee. One morning during our stay they had complimentary coffee and danish but the other two mornings (Saturday and `Sunday) it was just the restaurant fare. There's also a nice heated outdoor pool and plenty of ski equipment rental on site.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew P

Hey there Andrew P,

I appreciate your review and wanted to thank you for giving some great descriptions of our property. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.