“Good spot!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Michael B
“Below average stay”
Reviewed 1 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I had read the other reviews prior to booking, all talking about the location rather than the actual units. Now I know why. This is not a post to bash anyone but this place hasn't been updated since the turn of the century. The location is a very short walk to the slopes, which is quite nice. However, the bedroom stunk from body odor and we realized it was the comforter and the sheets. So whoever cleans the place does almost nothing. The carpet needs to be replaced and the walls are so thin you hear everything going on around the building. Then, the lock on the front door is a $3 door knob with no dead bolt. When you travel you want your family and your belongings safe, you want a clean, decent place and hopefully get surprised to the upside. While there are things that could have been worse, this is not a place worth the money. Some people would say these are slum lords milking every ounce of profit they can out the place. If they put 5K into the place, they could actually make it fairly nice, especially for what they charge.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: everything else
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Davenport
Reviewed 26 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Rugged travelers
MelissaBr...
San Rafael, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,545 helpful votes
“Excellent Location Right next to Vail Village”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at this condo as an alternative to renting rooms at a hotel in Vail Village. We were so pleasantly surprised by the space in this condo as well as the proximity and ease in getting around to Vail Village restaurants and shopping as well as to the ski school and ski resort.

First a little about Vail ~ This was our first time visiting Vail. We had stayed at nearby Aspen several times and always wondered about Vail. Vail was extremely charming. We also loved the ease of everything. The ski school was excellent and we loaded up our passes online that we had bought earlier in the season at NorthStar in California. This was a huge help in saving time. We also got our kids fitted for rentals the day before our lessons started, so they had everyone's equipment ready to go when their lessons started.

Vail Mountain was absolutely gorgeous. Much more beautiful than I had imagined. Also, this condo was located backing to Gore Creek, and it was heaven to hear the sounds from the creek from the deck. There was also a path that lead from the condos to the beginning of Vail Village, so you could walk along the top overlooking the creek below and not have to walk on the busy frontage road. The scene reminded me of a Thomas Kinkade painting. It was that lovely.

So back to the condo unit. The unit was a bargain. It was spacious with one bedroom plus a living room with pull sofa bed, and another den with a fireplace also with a pull out sofa bed.

I felt very proud of myself for finding this little gem, and not booking at the expensive hotels in the Village. I almost did, and I am so glad I trusted my gut and checked out the condo before spending thousands more at the Village properties.

The unit itself was a little rough around the edges, a bit dated, and beat up a bit, but with all the space and 2 bathrooms it was an amazing value.

There were a few little diappointments, with some of the extra linens not smelling clean, and we couldn't find the hot tub, I don't think there is one there anymore. But... it was such a bargain there is no way I would give this place less than 5 points for the value. Again, it wasn't 5 star.. don't misunderstand me. It was 5 points for value based on similar properties in the area. I hope that's clear. So if you're looking to save a bundle, don't mind a place that isn't fancy, and want to be only 5 minutes from the Vail Village this is your place.

Also of note, once in Vail Village, the transportation hub is right there and you can catch a free bus to Lionshead, or any other stops. We had our kids at the ski school and we just took the bus right to where the lessons were. We also were able to rent lockers at the resort to keep our boots etc. The rental place kept the kids rental skis as well as my husband and my skis too.

There was so much to do at Vail, and by renting here instead of at a hotel, we didn't feel guilty spending money at some of the fancy restaurants and shops. Also, there were 2 or 3 ice skating rinks. I think 2 outdoor and one indoor. It was a kids paradise! And... to my surprise it didn't feel snobby at all. The employees everywhere we went for the most part seemed happy. I guess you would be happy too, if you lived in Vail.

Anyway, I could go on and on here, but I don't have time. I'll do my best to upload photos and to review a few of the restaurants when I have time. Our favorite restaurant was called Game Creek. We had to take a gondola ride and then a snow cat to get there it was so remote.

Ok .. gotta run, if you thought this review was helpful please check that little button that says so, it just makes me feel good knowing I am helpful and not wasting all my time typing for nothing. Take care, and have fun skiing!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location was excellent.
Liked least: It was a bit worn around the edges, but excellent for the price.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ohio (live in CSprings)
Reviewed 2 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

England
Reviewed 9 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing