All reviews the indoor outdoor pool ski mountain washer and dryer hot tub off season comfortable beds creek unit tubs resort shuttle tennis racquetball balcony amenities fireplace skiers
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Father (a widower), second wife, and his adult daughter: Sandstone Creek has the perfect apartment for this trio: a large room with kitchenette, dining space, fire-placed living room with hide-a-bed couch, and bath, all on one side of the wall, and bedroom and bath on the other side. Lockable door between. The lodge runs a small bus to and from the slopes, grocery stores, and restaurants. Other features: a swimming pool with two hot tubs, a library, a game room. All topped off with a friendly staff. Great place for a ski vacation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dickgoodspeed
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Me and my family stayed in Sandstone Creek Club from December 16th to 22nd, 2016. It was a very pleasant stay, the room was huge with a very well equiped kitchen, the swimming poll and the jacuzzis were perfect. The transport for the slopes worked perfectly. I definetely can recommend this place!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank NULVIO
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay at Sandstone Creek Club. The one bedroom was perfect for our family of 4. Plenty of room! Full kitchen was small, but sufficient for breakfast and dinner. Shuttle to Vail was excellent! Indoor outdoor pool was fun every night. Very family friendly staff and accommodations.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cruane57
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I am very satisfied with my recent stay at Sandstone Creek Club in Vail. We own at a different resort and traded for the week for room 2404. We stayed July 16-23. I traveled with my sister and some friends (we are all in our 20s) but it would be a great place for families with teens or young kids, or more intimate getaways as well.

As far as cleanliness, I'm an employee at a Holiday Inn Express, so I kind of went in with a picky mindset to see how we compare. I feel that the resort for the most part was very clean, definitely on par if you're familiar with the HIE brand. The only two things were that I found some hair on the wall in one of the bathrooms, and throughout the resort there were lots of cobwebs, particularly on balconies and in windows. Everything else felt clean, I felt very able to relax without worrying about who sat here before me or anything like that.

The room was nice. It was recently renovated, and it was well appointed. Everything was in good shape, higher end finishes, although the room did feel a little tight at times. Not to say it was small, we had three full baths, two bedrooms, it was a large room, I just think the structural layout wasn't very well thought out, which is beyond their control. I loved the fireplace. The climate was perfect, we never needed to use heat or air. Fresh air and open windows by day, and a cozy fire by night.

The resort as a whole appears to have been built in the 80s but I think they're doing a good job maintaining and updating it. The pool area was very nice. Everyone was very helpful and polite.

There was really only one off-putting part for me. It was kind of small but it felt like you had to kind of be on your toes about things. I don't quite know how to put this. Around the resort, there were a lot of little things that were like "rules" for lack of a better term. On the welcome letter, if you lose or need to reprogram the key it was a $1 fee, I know my hotel doesn't have a fee for that. "Not a toy" signs on the handicap equipment, no late check outs period with a $75/hour penalty, no rescheduling mid-week cleaning, fines if you don't take out trash at checkout, etc. As I said, I work in a hotel so I understand where they're coming from and respect all these policies as they are relatively standard. Maybe they're trying to be up front, but it just seemed to be a lot and it kind of in your face.

Like I said though, everyone I encountered was very helpful and nice, and I didn't really have any problems.

Also, and good to know if you plan on a late arrival, the desk is not open 24 hours, it closes at 10:45pm and if you need to check in late there was a cash-only fee for the maintenance man to let you in. I planned to arrive late and I'm glad I called to ask beforehand to change my arrangements. They really is no need for the desk to stay open 24 hours, but I've never personally seen a place that does that so I guess I'm saying plan to be settled before 10:45pm.

Location was very good. There are closer places to stay if you want to be in walking distance of the downtown area of Vail or Lionshead. We wanted to see a lot of the state though, and it seemed to be a good somewhat central locations to all of the places we wanted to see-- Aspen, Pike's Peak, Colo Springs, Garden of the Gods, Denver etc. It was a ways away from each place, but somewhat central if that makes sense. I found Vail to be my favorite town that we visited in the state too, which is another reason to stay. However, I would not plan to stay at this resort if you do not plan to drive there or get a rental car. I see some others have said it's within walking distance to town, but if you ask me, you cannot easily walk to groceries, restaurants, or the main downtown area on the fly.

Overall it was a clean luxurious resort with lots of amenities and a wonderful staff. The owners and staff take pride in the facility and take pride in their jobs. It was in a great location for our purposes. If I ever make it back to this neck of the woods I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank MatSheldon
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We made our first trip to Vail and stayed at the Sandstone. This was a couple weeks after the ski season ended so the resort was pretty empty. We asked for a creekside room and received a creekside suite which was very nice. It appeared to have been completely refurbished and I am not quite sure whether or not we were the first ones to stay in the redecorated rooms. I don't think the renovations made it to the rest of the resort, but we didn't spend much time in the rest of the resort except to utilize the indoor pool, hot tub and steam room. These were in good condition and clean. Overall, the stay was very relaxing. I highly recommend getting the creekside if possible as it was a great white noise maker! Not in the Vail village but an extremely short walk.

Room Tip: Request creekside
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple