“Worth It” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chop House Restaurant

Chop House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Telluride
Price range: USD 50 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak Street
Transit: From Gondola Station: Walk straight up Oak Street through Elks park and we are straight ahead, right next to the clock tower. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Worth It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great history with great food. the staff is great, setting is great and the food great. Fun bar too!

Visited February 2012

Maine
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We knew this restaurant would be expensive but this was ridiculous. Based on the previous reviews we were willing to splurge for a great steak dinner in a lovely old building. The atmosphere was lovely and our service was very good--no complaints. However, the 10 oz. filet mignon was $48 a la carte only. I asked about getting a petite filet--not available. They should offer this for smaller appetites and a more reasonable price. Or, why don't they provide sides with the steaks as they do with the other entrees?

In contrast, the sides of mashed potatoes ($7) and brussels sprouts with bacon (about $7, also) were very small even though we were told they were large enough for two. Just barely. My husband and I are not big eaters, and everywhere else in Telluride we were served portions more than large enough for two. The steaks were good but not any better than I would expect elsewhere for less money. So I guess we were paying for the pleasure of being in the building.

Ice cream options were vanilla and chocolate only the night we were there. I would think they would have something more interesting to offer. (I did notice a previous reviewer mentioned cinnamon--I would have enjoyed that option.) Wine prices were not what I would call reasonable. I had a Spanish Volver tempranillo for $13/glass, which in my opinion is very high.

Next time we will go to the Cosmopolitan or La Marmotte, both of which others in our party said were worth the high prices for a special evening.

ft. lauderdale, florida
“Hairy busisiness at the New Sheridan Chop House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were at the new sheridan friday night with friends and two children and as I got my caesar salad, there was a hair in it with my first bite. My friend watched as I pulled it out and did not know what to say. I called one of the wait staff over and she took my salad away. As our waiter came over much later I told him what happened. He stated that no one in the kitchen has that type of hair. Can you imagine? Not an apology, just stated twice more that there is no one in the kitchen with that kind of hair. What terrible customer service. We have been coming to Telluride for many years, and the New Sheridan will never see us again Too many other good restaurants that care about their customers. The hype is way over rated. Don't waste your time

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flybysts
Denver, Colorado
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is our third trip to Telluride and our first and last to the Sheridan Chop House. The decor is quaint and a rich setting. The service is absolutely terrible. I think this is one of those you need to be a local places. We received our app that was not even close to being done and was "dropped" off by a helper. Our server never came back to ask how it was, our food than showed up by a helper, and he never asked how the uneaten appetizer was. Our steaks were actually ok, nothing great. The server final showed up asked us "how it was going". I pointed out the appetizer. He removed it from the table without a word. He retuned very unconvincingly to tell us he was sorry and would remove it ( had a huge attitude the entire time). We thought we would try a desert, we ordered creme'brulee which was nothing more than cold pudding with a burnt crust.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale, Arizona
“One of our favorites in Telluride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

During our annual trek to ski in Telluride, we always reserve one night for Sheridan. On this trip we made it our first night. Sheridan was busy, as always, on a week night; and we did sit for a while before our drink orders were taken. No big problem. Once we were acknowledged, things moved along at a good pace. The first thing that we were served was really the only problem with the night. The bread may have been good when it was made, but I doubt it was the day we ate it. It was a fairly small loaf of french bread that was overheated in an oven to make the crust toasted and the inside dry. Whoever is in charge of this should visit Cosmopolitan and taste their in-house fresh baked bread.
Everything else about the evening was excellent. The carpaccio was the best version of that dish that we could remember. Salads and steaks were great. The wines were very nice and fairly priced. The service was professional, friendly and attentive. We will be back and will always have nice things to say about the New Chop House, but this year; it moved from #1 to #2 on our Telluride list.

• 5 of 5 bubbles