“Hoirrible experience”

The Timberline Condominiums
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I was promised a modern condominium for my family, but ended up with something out of the dark ages. The restaurant was closed, and after staying there, I'm not surprised. There was so much construction I'm surprised they were still in business. We were promised a nice condo. However, the white brick walls and uncomfortable beds, none of us slept for three days. The staff was incompetent and rude to us, and when I asked to speak to a manager, the blond lady who claimed to be the manager was rude and indifferent. Worst. Vacation. Ever.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasFamilyTraveler4

Reviewed 21 June 2010

I researched a LOT of lodging options in Aspen, Snowmass and Carbondale, and settled on this one because the description sounded good and the price was about as low as any other. I opted for one of the "deluxe" rooms and was very happy with my one night stay. Everything was clean, in top shape and the unit (B1D) was reasonably luxurious. Experienced no noise disturbances. Can't really comment on the service because I left the next morning so I gave it three stars, but the front desk people were perfectly helpful and professional.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2010

We spent Christmas week at Timberline Condos and were very happy with the experience. You phone when you arrive at the airport to be collected but they were there very promptly and the driver gave us a great introduction on the drive to Snowmass.

Our three-bedroom apartment was very comfortable and perfect for a family with children - ie not so luxurious that you can't relax but still very nice. I always keep my expectations low and assume accommodation will not be as nice as the photos but I thought our apartment was as good, if not better than the Timberline website photos showed.

Timberline staff were always cheerful and helpful. They'll drive you anwhere you need to go and come and get you when you want to return. Whenever I asked for advice on how to get something done, they would offer to take care of it for me. My daughter dropped a special necklace down the bathroom sink, and the maintenance staff were very prompt to come and retrieve it for her.

The location is great; how awesome to be able to ski in and out each day?

The hot tub (really a large pool) is excellent after a day's skiing, although of course you've got to be keen, given the freezing dash back to your apartment once you've had enough of the tub. Brrrrrrr!

Anyway, we would highly recommend Timberline. If you want luxury, there are probably better options but this was perfect for our family.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SashaLipho
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Furnishing felt dated but service and care was great.

Reviewed 5 February 2010

My friends and I love being slope side to Snowmass in these condos. Aspen is a free 10 minute bus ride. All the amenities and great rooms.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village
0.5 km away
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Laurelwood Studios
Laurelwood Studios
#3 of 23 in Snowmass Village

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Snowmass Village

Been to The Timberline Condominiums? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Timberline Condominiums

Address: 690 Carriage Way, Across From Parking Lot 13, Snowmass Village, CO 81615
Region: United States > Colorado > Snowmass Village
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 23 Speciality Lodging in Snowmass Village
Price Range: $212 - $636 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Timberline Condominiums 3*
The Timberline Condominiums offer a collection of ski-in/ski-out vacation rental properties in Snowmass Village CO. Located on the slopes of Snowmass Mountain, guests enjoy the spacious comfort of a private residence with many services of a fine hotel. Services include complimentary Aspen airport shuttle, complimentary wireless internet, housekeeping and more! Enjoy the new slope side pool and hot tubs. Visit the new Fitness Center and steam room. Located on Snowmass Mountain and a short walk from the Snowmass Village Mall with shopping, restaurants and more. Snowmass Mountain offers over 3,000 acres of skiing, plus Aspen (just 9 miles), Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk (approx. 7 miles) are accessible from the free bus system. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Timberline Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Timberline Condominiums Hotel Snowmass Village