“mold and mildew, Rooms were not clean looked like the room haven't been clean, smoking room right next to non-smoking”

Days Inn Silverthorne
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Was the worst motel room in 15 years... The whole motel smelled like smoke and mildew. On-line request for non-smoking wasn't granted.. our room smelled more like mildew than smoke. Until the smoking couple moved in next door and you couldn't get away from the smell. A family of four we least need four wash-rags nightly. I didn't even have to ask the girl at the front desk after the scond night for extra wash-cloth she already new what my request was. I don't ask for much accept a clean room (start by buying a vacuum cleaner), non-smoking when i requested it on-line and late nigh dogs barking... Good night and don't stay here if you want one... Oh they did win the 2009 days inn award... for what i don't know...

Room Tip: do not stay here.. we would have gone to the ramada if we hand't cancealed...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Denver
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We usually stay at La Quinta next door, but the prices were very high during Spring Break, so we went with Days Inn. I am by no means a hotel snob; all I ask for is a clean room that smells decent. I did not get my wish. Upon entering our room, we were hit with a strong smoke smell mixed in with an abundance of Febreeze. The bathroom had mold growing along the top wall and ceiling and rust in the bathtub enclosure.

We took our kids to the swimming pool- an okay pool, but now we all have a severe case of athlete's foot. I wanted to shrug it off because that could happen at any pool, but that just added to our misery.

I would never stay here again! We had such a good time skiing, and the only thing you want after a fun ski is a hot shower in a clean bathroom.

Please don't stay here. Stay somewhere else. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: Although I'm not sure pets are allowed, I did see quite a few roaming in our hallway.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Grand Junction
Reviewed 10 March 2012

the first time I stayed at days and the staff was great. Everything you expect from a mom and pop motel .I had an upgraded room w/ excellent heat nice and clean,smaller t.v but had ample channels A very simple simple motel .It seems as a little older but the maintenace seems upkept This is not a fancy place but down to earth warm and cozy w/ a sense of Im home feeling.Days is tucked back a bit and has ample parking . The beds could use some updating as well as curtains. but sleep was good.I did not use breakfast but village inn is close by same as Old Chicago.If you are looking for a clean stay and not pricey you may try, but remember dont look for fancy ,bells and whistles.This would be a good stay for a dayif your traveling, but if more than that you may get bummed.This room was priced right for me and for the area.

Room Tip: rooms on the north quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Was looking for inexpensive motel in Summit county. Some of the reviews of Days Inn in Silverthorne were discouraging but I took it for convienience. Worked out well-room was what I would expect for that price range:$120-$140. Public area are dirty but expected with the high volume of skiers/young people traffic. TV not very good, breakfast OK-need some yogurt and more fruit. No one there to service breakfast issues. If you are tired you can sleep well-if not then the noise may be a problem

Superior, Colorado
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel is very run down. Although our room was clean but we felt like it was dirty due to the poor conditions of the room. The curtains had holes in them. I ended up in a smoking room for some reason and could not get a non-smoking as they were filled up. It smelled so bad my kids were even asking for aspirin as we all had headaches. The carpet was worn bad and the beds sagged in the middle. Although they did seem comfortable once we settled in. Yes as mentioned in other posts the walls are paper thin and you hear everything so we did not sleep well. The people above us must've have been very large as we were all waken at 12:30 a.m. with the room shaking as their foot steps sounded like those of a giant which were non stop for an hour only to be woken again at 6:30am with the same non stop pouncing. It sounded almost as if they were throwing their luggage from one side of the room to the other. The finish is weathered off all the cabinets, the bathrooms did look clean. No deadlock on the door. Hot Tub was lukewarm and looked cloudy/dirty. All in all just very very run down property and smells. I've stayed in motels nicer. I think its best to skip the Silverthorne exit and continue to Frisco (5 min drive) where for the same $$ the Holiday Inn is updated and nicer. We definitely will next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
0.1 km away
5.3 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
1.5 km away
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Days Inn Silverthorne? Share your experiences!