“excellent italian food!”

Sauce on the Blue
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Silverthorne
Price range: USD 6 - USD 35
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Awesome restaurant, great service. We live in town and visit this restaurant more than all other local places to eat as we know we will always have a great time here. The wine and whiskey selection are extensive and all the food items we have ordered have only been awesome.

1  Thank justin m

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had a great visit for my birthday with the Sauce on the Blue. The service was fantastic, scenery was top notch, and the food was wonderful. I for sure will stop by again on a future visit to the area. Nice place!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Todd C
Timothy A, Owner at Sauce on the Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Todd, Thanks for spending your birthday with us!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We went here for my aunts birthday dinner during our vacation here! one of the best restaurants I had experienced while there. it was good food (although it wasn’t my own) like the fried raviolis, my mom & other enjoyed their gumbo (we heard the chef won a prize for it) my aunt fell in love with their Brussel sprouts & the pizza looked AMAZING (wish i could’ve had some). others had the steak (or tips or something) with the mashed potatoes & asparagus! my pasta wasn’t all that seasoned, but after eating everyone else’s food i didn’t hardly eat it anyway. I was more so shocked that they didn’t set up the oil & cheese for the bread (like most italian restaurants i’ve been to do.) butttt, it was still a good experience. it was a little quaint (so a lot of the tables were close) but I STILL enjoyed myself & we actually made friends with the people next to us. ❤️

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Gabriella N
Timothy A, Owner at Sauce on the Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi Gabriella,
I'm glad that everyone enjoyed your aunt's birthday dinner with us!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I don't understand all the positive reviews. My husband and I went on a Monday night during spring break. We had a choice of a 5 PM reservation or 8:30. Since we skipped lunch that day, we opted for the 5 PM reservation (the person who took our reservation made a joke, "just as long as you are out by 6:30). We were seated immediately. Unfortunately, every time the front door opened, cold air came into the restaurant. I had to sit with my ski jacket on until the owner figured out that he should turn up the heat to compensate. The waitress came by reasonably soon and took our drink orders, and the afterward our dinner orders. We shared a Caesar salad, but the dressing was very acidic and sour. Did not enjoy. I ordered penne in vodka sauce. Very bland. I kept trying to doctor it up with cheese, pepper etc., but to no avail. Very overpriced for a plate of noodles. We were never offered a dessert menu, nor were we asked about coffee. The waitress was anxious to get us out. Her tip reflected our dissatisfaction. I even said to her, "No dessert menu?" She apologized and was willing to bring it, but we weren't going to spend any more money here. A very average, overpriced place. Maybe this is the best that Summit County has to offer. We are from NYC where the Italian food is unparalleled. We will not return, even though we come every year to ski and visit family.

3  Thank s b
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

If you are vegan, or have dairy allergy, don't eat here! There is trout on the menu, but they won't cook in oil instead of butter. This is not good customer service! Butter and cheese on everything! Just a word of warning!