All reviewsthe ownerhot tubcontinental breakfastbeds were comfortablea great place to staystay there againthe breakfast arearefrigerator and microwavefriendly ownersmountain viewyogurtin townmonarch mountainarkansas riverlobbymotelkeith
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

On our tour through the Rocky Mountains, we stopped in Salida, Co. We want to share the excellent experience we had with the Days Inn there. It starts with the friendly man on the desk who welcomes you in the hotel as were you his family. The lobby is unique! Mark, the manager, has created such warm and cozy atmosphere with woodwork and his wife Anna has decorated the walls with beautiful paintings. What really catches your eyes is the cleanliness of all the areas inside and outside the hotel. Our room was tidy, the beds were excellent, the blankets, the shower and the shower curtain were whiter than white... Why can't more hotels be like this? If you plan a hotel in Salida, you must go to Days Inn! You won't regret! The hotel has won several rewards and you should go and experience yourselves that they merited it!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2015

The room was clean and comfortable, and quiet, and we slept well.

Check in was a bit confused; whoever was supposed to be on desk was also doing other things.

Decor is somewhat overdone faux ... mountain/hunting/camping lodge?

Breakfast was a bit under the standard for 'continental' breakfasts these days, though it was good enough to get us going for the day.

I think we'd try another place, going through Salida again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeSteeves
Reviewed 1 September 2015

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 28 August 2015

The decor was so inviting. It is absolutely adorable! Breakfast was super! We will definitely stay here again if ever visiting the Sand Dunes again. Beds were comfortable, pillows comfortable too. Very clean. Nice people that ran the place too.

Room Tip: Cute decor!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went inside here to find a room around 1145 on a Monday night after bailing on camping due to weather. We were met by a groggy man in his 50's who was watching tv in the private room behind the reception desk. He told us the best deal he had for the night was 99.99 plus tax. I then asked if they had a military discount, and he repeated 'the deal for the night is 99.99 plus tax' and then turned around and slammed the door to his private room AS I WAS TAKING OUT MY WALLET TO PAY! I was extremely confused for the next few moments standing alone in the lobby. I'm still not sure why he slammed his door in our face, but I don't think I've ever been treated so bad or had met anyone so rude in all my interactions with businesses. I would not recommend this hotel, and I would venture to say you'd probably receive better service from the dive-iest motel you could find in Salida.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple