“authentic”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Even though I am not hispanic, living in SE Colorado makes you appreciate authentic Mexican food, and this place is it. I had the chile rellano and it was great. Egg batter and not the "crispy" ones that a lot of places make (the lazy white way to make them with egg roll wrappers). Our waiter was wonderful, very attentive. prices are resonable too. I can't believe this was the first time I've ever eaten there.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We tried a few dishes with family. Not one person liked their meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We were starving for real Mexican food on our drive from Rye to Denver International Airport. Searched the net, read the reviews and pulled off the I-25 at 29th Street exit. Saved! As we sat down, the attentive staff brought us drinks, chips and salsa (fresh), and a special sample plate of mushroom pico de gallo (which looked and tested like vegetarian ceviche--which we will try to make ourselves at home--fresh mushrooms, cilantro, jalepenos, onions, lime juice). Lunch special was an excellent chicken/avocado tostada with sides of rice and beans for $5.95, which two of us ordered and loved. My wife ordered a tasty and quite spicy chile relleno, and My daughter got vegetarian burrito especial, both for $6.95. Definitely a bargain.

Reviewed 10 November 2010

The food is fantastic, and the selection is SO much bigger than typical places! I like everything I've tried, and I try something different every time we go. Yes, Tuesday nights with the mariachi are a little ... enthusiastic. But sometimes thats just what you want :)

One small quirk we've noticed is that the salsa and the cheese dip are never the same twice. Always good, but never the same. And there's a nice salad with shrimp that's on the menu under the shrimp section instead of the salad section. The tortilla soup is especially good. I've never made it to dessert, but I bet thats good too!

Reviewed 4 May 2010

My husband and I frequent Tres Margaritas in Pueblo for their fresh dishes, lively yet traditional decor and prompt service. However, we made the mistake of going one Tuesday night... The mariachi band was in full regalia going from table to table seeking requests. It was charming for about 1 minute, the trumpet made a terrible racket, and the more excitable patrons were howling and cackling with the music!!! My head starting throbbing- not exactly my idea of unwinding after a long day at the office. I heartily recommend Tres Margaritas if you are seeking good solid mexican food. If you are brave enough to go on a Tuesday bring Excedrin, ear plugs, and your deaf brother-in-law, he will probably enjoy the live music.