All reviews the owner refrigerator and microwave next morning stay there again motel salida
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here on a few occasions with our young son the second time, neither occasions have I been disappointed. The owner/ staff are delightful to interact with and the rooms were a plus too. They were clean and cozy, we felt comfortable letting our little one romp around and play. Would and have recommended this lodge to anyone! Can’t wait until our next visit. Thank you for being so wonderful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Stumbled onto this property after Salida had sold out due to their beer festival. I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was really nice and the rooms smelled phenomenal and were so clean. I'm glad we found this lodge. Wish we found it sooner!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2017

After a problem filled day during a 9 day dual-sport m/c trip...I rode into P/S late at night, tired and beat. Saw this place had a vacancy and would have been willing to accept almost anything. Instead got a pleasant surprise! Owner was friendly and helpful, and ready with excellent coffee the next morning. My single room was spacious, fully equipped with fridge and micro, and clean. A Mom-and-Pop motel/lodge just the way one should be. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
RockyMtnLodge, Front Office Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

R C,

We are so sorry to hear about all your car troubles during your day, we hope the next time you come and visit the area, your day is filled with smooth and safe travels. We appreciate the time you took to review our lodge and the kind words. We are thrilled to hear it was a pleasant surprise. Thank you for the comments about our friendly staff, coffee, and room. We recently updated most of our rooms; we are excited that our guests enjoy the microwaves and refrigerators in them!
We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small, family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed at this hotel in July. I have traveled many places and stayed in many hotels, and this was hands down the worst place I have ever stayed. First of all, after driving a long way, you expect kindness. From the moment we stepped in the door, we were treated so rudely, and the treatment did not stop for the two nights we were there. We tried to be friendly and it was not well received. The room was so overpriced, and we would have left after the first night had we not already paid for two, and of course there was a no refund policy. The wi-fi never worked, and we were told there was nothing that could be done sans be close to the office. For the outrageous price, I expect wi-fi to work. I dropped something behind the bed and was so grossed out trying to find it as obviously the bed had not been cleaned behind ever. The bathtub drain stopper did not work, and we could not use the tub. There are no plug ins near the bed at all, which was inconvenient. The small fridge would make a loud banging noise after it would run a few minutes. This happened all night long! The noise level at the hotel was awful and it was hard to sleep. Bugs in the bathroom were also an issue. The water pressure in the shower was good, but that is all I can say. I believe it is important to write a good review when the service is good, and I always do. I also believe it is important to write a poor review when it is needed. It is really too bad we weren't able to get our money back. We also did not tell the lady any of this while we were there because frankly, I was too scared to say anything after crying the first night from the treatment I received. Next time I will sleep in my car. Do not stay here unless you don't mind throwing your money away for bad service and rooms.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank triptrafel

triptrafel,

We are so sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. Unfriendly costumer service is not our standard. We pride ourself to a friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and happy guests. If there is anything wrong during your stay, please let your front desk staff know in the future. We hope you find better accommodations in the area next time.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Don't be mislead because it used to be a motel because it is now a quaint lodge with different sized rooms, extremely clean (especially the bathroom), with refrigerator and microwave, which some of the more expensive hotels do not have. You will find the prices here much more reasonable than in Salida, and you are still just a few minutes from Walmart.

Room Tip: I kept the fan running in the heating and air unit all night so if there was any outside or highway noise, I never heard it.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

vfhoty,

Thank you for taking the time to review our lodge! We appreciate all the kind comments regarding our property and we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and amenities. We're happy to hear you were happy with the price and location too! We hope to see you soon and until then, safe travels!