All reviews the owner refrigerator and microwave next morning stay there again motel salida
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed at this hotel in July. I have traveled many places and stayed in many hotels, and this was hands down the worst place I have ever stayed. First of all, after driving a long way, you expect kindness. From the moment we stepped in the door, we were treated so rudely, and the treatment did not stop for the two nights we were there. We tried to be friendly and it was not well received. The room was so overpriced, and we would have left after the first night had we not already paid for two, and of course there was a no refund policy. The wi-fi never worked, and we were told there was nothing that could be done sans be close to the office. For the outrageous price, I expect wi-fi to work. I dropped something behind the bed and was so grossed out trying to find it as obviously the bed had not been cleaned behind ever. The bathtub drain stopper did not work, and we could not use the tub. There are no plug ins near the bed at all, which was inconvenient. The small fridge would make a loud banging noise after it would run a few minutes. This happened all night long! The noise level at the hotel was awful and it was hard to sleep. Bugs in the bathroom were also an issue. The water pressure in the shower was good, but that is all I can say. I believe it is important to write a good review when the service is good, and I always do. I also believe it is important to write a poor review when it is needed. It is really too bad we weren't able to get our money back. We also did not tell the lady any of this while we were there because frankly, I was too scared to say anything after crying the first night from the treatment I received. Next time I will sleep in my car. Do not stay here unless you don't mind throwing your money away for bad service and rooms.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank triptrafel
RockyMtnLodge, Front Office Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

triptrafel,

We are so sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. Unfriendly costumer service is not our standard. We pride ourself to a friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and happy guests. If there is anything wrong during your stay, please let your front desk staff know in the future. We hope you find better accommodations in the area next time.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Don't be mislead because it used to be a motel because it is now a quaint lodge with different sized rooms, extremely clean (especially the bathroom), with refrigerator and microwave, which some of the more expensive hotels do not have. You will find the prices here much more reasonable than in Salida, and you are still just a few minutes from Walmart.

Room Tip: I kept the fan running in the heating and air unit all night so if there was any outside or highway noise, I never heard it.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

vfhoty,

Thank you for taking the time to review our lodge! We appreciate all the kind comments regarding our property and we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and amenities. We're happy to hear you were happy with the price and location too! We hope to see you soon and until then, safe travels!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small, family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Just passed through Poncha Springs this past sunday and stayed at the lodge. Clean and relatively spacious rooms, friendly owner and everything works. My second time staying here. Price is excellent. Microwave and fridge in room. Coffee available in the morning. Cannot go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sulfate125

sulfate125,

Thank you for taking the time to review our lodge! We appreciate it. Thank you for your kind words about our cleanliness, coffee and other other amenities you enjoyed. We hope you return to Poncha Springs soon and safe travels!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

This little lodge is a great mom and pops place to stay at in the mountains. We stayed here for a week on our little Salida/Chaffee County historic excursion this winter. It's location is great to get to all of our favorite destinations like St. Elmo, downtown Salida, Buena Vista and Leadville. The lodge itself was small and clean and family owned and operated.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
RockyMtnLodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our lodge. We're glad you enjoyed your week with us. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. Safe travels.

- Martha

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Rocky Mountain Lodge was a small but comfortable place to stay. The 2 ladies running this lodge are so kind with their wonderful service; it was like nothing we have experienced before. There was a young lady in the front desk during check in, and she was so friendly and talkative. She could chit chat with you all day! It was a nice break to see someone so chipper and who enjoyed her job. She gave us advice to go down in Salida, about 5 miles down the road, to enjoy our breakfast in the morning at the Patio Pancake Place. This lodge doesn’t have a continental breakfast. She helped us with our dinner plans and advised us to go right down the street at a little Italian Restaurant. We stayed for 2 days and she went out of her way to help us with directions to the Reptile Farm near the Sand Dunes, as well as other things to do in the area. She highly recommended the hotsprings (which we enjoyed) and a scenic tram on the top of the local pass (but we didn't have enough time). The room was well stocked with beautiful and clean linen. The room had so many homey touches. THIS LODGE IS MY NEW HOME IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS. The linen was incredibly soft. Huge plus. The floors were hardwood and the tile work in the room was beautiful and unique. Their website advertises the views from their lodge and they truly are spectacular. The owner does a great job with landscaping, the flowers and the wooden décor, added to a wonderful “Colorado and Western” vacation that we were looking for. The owner is kind and sweet and helped my husband and I make our coffee each morning, as well as tea in the evening. They workers here truly are a dynamic duo!!! My husband and I were really pleased with the service, cleanliness, price and value of our very short stay. Most importantly, I am extremely pleased with how kind the two ladies that run this place are. I will be returning here next summer!!!

-Betty

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
RockyMtnLodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Betty,

Thank you for taking the time to review our lodge! This may be one of the sweetest reviews I have ever read. Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. We are so thrilled to read that this is your new home away from home and that you enjoyed the decor, linens, and our staff. We love our jobs! So many kind words make our jobs really rewarding. We hope you enjoyed your time at the Alligator Farm and swimming pools! We are lucky to live in such a beautiful area that offers so much to do and views. We can't wait for your next stay with us! Safe travels!

- Martha