All reviews the owner refrigerator and microwave next morning stay there again motel salida
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

We (2 adults, 2 kids) arrived at the hotel very late with no reservations. It was the last room so we stayed in the kitchenette suite. The girl at the reception desk was very friendly and even knocked $10 off the regular rate due to us checking in at almost midnight. The bathroom was remodeled and spotless, as well as the sheets and beds. There was also plenty of room to park our truck and atv trailer. Things were untouched the next morning. Would definitely stay in this updated and remodeled motel again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
RockyMtnLodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! Thank you so much for your very sweet words regarding our staff, cleanliness and newly remodeled rooms. We're so happy that our large property accommodated your ATV trailer. We are so thrilled to read that you would stay again. We hope to see you soon and safe travels!

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I made a last minute reservation at RML when our truck broke down. I expected our room to be simple, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how clean everything was. Great hot shower, clean bathroom and floors, microwave, and free coffee in the lobby from 7:00 to 10:00 in the morning. Very nice staff. Excellent stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
RockyMtnLodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

KFlo78,

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate our lodge. Thank you for all your kind words! Bummer! (To your truck breaking down.) We hope next time you're in the area, it's for a pleasant vacation! Thank you for the kind remakes about the hot shower, cleanliness and our employees. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again! Safe travels!

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Nicely remodeled. Very clean. Great coffee and tea options in the a.m. Beautiful flowers in flower boxes outside rooms. Needs deadbolts on doors. Overall a great place to stay while visiting the Salida / Poncha Springs region.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
RockyMtnLodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Dana,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are so happy to read that you enjoyed our lodge and had a "great stay." We just removed our deadbolts last summer because when guests keys would go missing or be taken by accident, replacing deadbolts and the bottom lock was getting costly, but, we apologize for that. Thank you for your kind comments about our new remodeled rooms, cleanliness and flowers! We hope to see you in the future. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

I had a wonderful stay at Rocky Mountain Lodge.
Hard to think about enough nice things to say about this place: neat, cozy and clean with comfortable bed, lovely hardwood floor and nice colorful towels. Outside decorated very well. Delicious coffee, hot chocolate and tea avaliable
all day.
Close to the Monarch Ski area so this is great place for ski and hike lover like me.
The welcoming staff provide the kind of service that you want to see.
I would recommend this motel to anyone I know.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
RockyMtnLodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

gabihreska,

Thank you for taking the time to review our lodge, we really value your feedback. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say about our place, and the cleanliness and our service. We're glad you're a skier and hike lover, because we can't wait to see you again! We hope you return soon to visit Monarch and all the great hiking spots Poncha Springs has to offer!

Safe travels!

Reviewed 1 April 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at the Rocky Mountain Lodge for my spring break get-away. I stayed at the lodge for 3 nights and I cannot wait to come back, especially for the views and fresh air. It was a nice break from the big city! The rooms were neat, bright and inviting. I enjoyed the soft linens and towels in the room and the linens smelled so fresh and clean. The girl at the front desk said they are so excited because they had just renovated some of the rooms, and you can really tell the owners care about this lot! There indeed was hardwood floor in my room, a cozy queen sized bed and a beautifully finished bathroom. The colors of the rooms were so complimentary. I LOVED the apricot colored walls. They had a nice coffee machine in the office, and new TVS, but their Wi-fi didn’t work as well as I hoped. The view of the mountains from outside my windows in the room was captivating and my favorite part of my stay. The weather was nice enough for me to enjoy coffee at their seating area in front of the hotel. It’s really the best place to stay in Chaffee County; it’s right in the middle of all the action, but serene and peaceful. The girl at front desk was able to point me in the right direction to enjoy some hot springs (which I was shocked to find there aren’t any in Poncha Springs, but nearby about a 20 minute drive to Mt. Princeton), some delicious local food like Amicas restaurant and Boathouse Cantina, and activities like driving up their famous “S” mountain, art galleries in downtown “F” street Salida. I would highly recommend this little lodge to anyone coming this way!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
RockyMtnLodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

joe6677m,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great and detailed review! We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our rooms, cleanliness and updates in the rooms. We truly are lucky to live in such a beautiful area surrounded by such amazing views! We are so glad you enjoyed our lodge and some of the other great things that Chaffee County has to offer! We look forward to seeing you in the future and safe travels!