All reviews hot springs the river big pool mini suite visitor center hot pools relaxing stay comfy bed outdoor pool sitting area great room great place to stay pagosa minerals property tubs fridge
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Healing Waters has all that you need and it's set back away from Pagosa Blvd. so it's quieter. Door to our bathroom squeaked (W-D 40) but other than that, no big annoyances. Husband usually likes firm beds but really enjoyed the comfortable mattress. Room has room to move around in - overall suited our needs very well !

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

The Queen Suite was just ok. Bed not comfortable! Shower and bvb bathroom fine but toilet ran for about 15 min after each flush. Toilet hangers unstable! Not much in kitchenette to use , I didn't think much of the place overall. The employees were nice. It was very noisy, campers right behind our bedroom. We wouldn't stay there again, it just didn't meet our expectations!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I accompanied my partner on a week long work trip in Pagosa, so wanted accommodations with a kitchen to prepare most of my own meals. We chose this hotel to stay in one of their three cabins, which are advertised to have full kitchens. Yes, there is a full sized refrigerator, oven and stove top, but the kitchen is so dismally appointed that you can't really cook anything. There were only three plastic salad size scratched up plates, a handful of mismatched silverware, three very tiny bowls and a few glasses. The knives were so dull it was a challenge to cut through anything. The one frying pan was badly scratched and ready for the trash. The towels were no more than rags, frayed, torn and stained. The bedroom is so small that you cannot walk on either side of the queen bed without turning sideways and shuffling down the narrow space between the wall and the bed. It was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever had the displeasure of sleeping in! The bedding was worn and cheap. The bathroom is tiny, the hallway is tiny and the bunk beds would not comfortably accommodate a child any older than 10. I used the hot springs pool on location only one day because it wasn't actually hot, but rather cool enough to give me goosebumps. The only reason we didn't move to a different hotel was the location is directly across the street from the hot springs, and I didn't have a vehicle to get around. But, the location is this hotel's only benefit. I would never stay here again and even with the favorable location, I recommend steering clear.

Date of stay: August 2018
soaknpagosa, Guest Relations Manager at Healing Waters Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

I am so sorry you were not happy with the accommodations during your stay with us. Our cabins are park-model cabins, similar to what can be rented in many RV parks. We have tried to give detailed descriptions, along with photos in all of our literature relating to the cabins so guests can make informed decisions about what type of unit they'd like to rent with us. The cabins are small but tend to be popular choices for guests who want a little more room and the convenience of a full kitchen. We were not aware of any issues with the kitchen utensils and dishware. We will check all three of our cabins to be sure they are adequately stocked.
Our hot springs pools are maintained at different temperatures - it sounds like you may have just used the outdoor swimming pool which runs at 90º in the summer. The outdoor hot tub runs at 105º and the indoor hot baths run from 108º to 112º. We maintain 100% mineral water in all of our pools and control the temperature by the flow of the water. Outside temperatures can affect the temperature of the pools, but I haven't seen any readings over the past week that showed the outdoor pool being below 90º.
Again, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. It is never our intention for anyone to be uncomfortable during their stay with us. We will work to address the concerns you have brought to our attention.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and the hot springs pool is great. However, our room . . . . The beds are hard. The shower was the worst. Either extreme hot or cold. We told the desk and they just said yeah, that building has that problem. I will stay somewhere else next time and just use the facilities.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018

This facility has a funky and friendly old world feel, with large clean rooms, access to on- site pools and hot tubs, a staff who are exceptionally helpful. The location is wonderful. Excellent value for the price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple