See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Be still my heart, that million dollar view!!!

It was exactly what we needed on our trip. We stayed in the room with the two twin beds. I was truly pleased at how spotless our room and the whole lodge was.

My bed was super comfy which was fitted with clean, crisp sheets and covered with down comforter. I liked how there were electrical outlet available right at the headboard for my laptop and iphone. There were drawers underneath the twin beds for our belongings (plenty of storage) The bathroom next to our bedroom was clean and equipped with a heat lamp for cold prone people like me. Oh, and what a serene experience to wake up to the majestic view of Pagosa Peak overlooking the lake dotted with ducks right out our windows.

The kitchen was huge and completely accessible which was equipped with everything you can imagine. There were plenty of food and they were absolutely delicious! During our stay, the kitchen remained clean at all times and always fully stocked with coffee, tea, snacks, you name it.

If you have an opportunity, you've got to use the hot tub! We jumped in and took in the breathtaking view under the supermoon. Most Magical Ever!

We stayed longer than anticipated due to mechanical issues with our vehicle however I'm so glad we stayed there rather than any other hotel/lodging.

If you love dogs, you're in for a real treat however don't fret if you're not a dog lover, cuz they actually leave you alone if you don't care to hang out with them. They're well trained and mind their own business.

My only suggestion would be to make the road signs a bit more visible.

I highly recommend Pagosa Adventure Lodge for those that want to get away from it all yet want the comforts of home away from home.

My only suggestion would be to make the road signs a bit more visible to make it easier to get to the lodge.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Although we had the tiniest bit of trouble finding the Lodge when we first arrived, Twila was able to direct us the rest of the way very easily. When we got to the Lodge, it was every bit as beautiful, remote, and wonderfully appointed as we were expecting. The rooms are very nice, each with their own bathroom and rustic decor. The hosts were absolutely amazing- from even before we arrived they were doing their best to make our stay comfy and anticipate our every desire. A delicious breakfast is served every morning, and there is a beautiful deck overlooking the lake where we ate each day. The Bakers have provided an extremely dog-friendly environment, so much so that I believe our dogs possibly had as much fun as we did, if not more! We had such a wonderful stay, and the Bakers are such nice people, that I would return in a heartbeat (and probably will in the winter to take advantage of the sled dog rides)!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BriGuy42
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Staff / owners were very helpful and friendly. It was a beautiful area and the dogs were amazing. The food was also extremely delicious! Great place to see stars and wildlife. It is new and a work in progress, but will definitely only get better with time. I can't wait to go back in the winter!
They do need a better sign off of the road as it is a bit hard to find in the dark.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

My family and I were looking to get away for a weekend and that's exactly what we were able to do at the Pagosa Adventure Lodge.
As a previous review stated the Wi-Fi
was sketchy, however, this was not an issue since we weren't there to check emails,tweet,Facebook, etc. We were offered use of the landline since there was little to no cell service at the time of our visit. We were also some of the first visitors to the lodge and were surprised at how well everything had been arranged and put together since the owners themselves had just moved in days before. From conversations with the owners and hearing their plans of what the lodge is going to be now that they are able to begin customizing and remodeling, it's just going to get better!
If you're looking to get away, take some time to play outside or lucky enough (weather permitting) to get the chance to take a ride on a sled pulled by some of the most beautiful Malamutes you've ever seen, then you most certainly should book a room.
They are correct, it's not a floofy, stuffy type facility. It's a get outside, play and have fun type of place! If you have questions about location or accommodations, just ask! That's what the owners are there for. They are very welcoming! We definitely plan on making another trip to the lodge!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is a great little lodge that just opened and we look forward to coming back again as the property continues to flourish. Private and quiet, the perfect place to forget about the fast paced world. Since the lodge is still in the process of fully opening we could understand why some people might be thrown, but don't let that stop you from visiting because once it is completely finished it will be one of those places where you brag to your friends that you were there when it first opened. Whenever possible we will always stay here when visiting Pagosa. P.S. Our dogs have never been happier then they were at the lodge

Room tip: Views in every direction
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple