“Great breakfast”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Views are spectacular, but the breakfast is even better. Omelets made to order and homemade biscuits with gravy, fresh fruit and friendly service. Will definitely return here. The hotel staff met our every need with a smile.

Room Tip: Room 201 has an awe inspiring view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne B

Reviewed 2 December 2011

This hotel double charged me for my stay and has thus far refused to refund the extra charges. When I called to discuss this they told be I had made two reservations and was a no show for one of them. Seems very odd that I could be a no show for a reservation under my name when I was checked in and staying at the hotel. I was not informed of any second reservation when I checked in. I called hotels.com to resolve and they said it sounds like credit card fraud and I should contact my bank. Also, the person I spoke to at the hotel refused to give me his last name when I asked.

Ouray is a great place to vist, just avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ben V
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Dear Guest (Ben V.)
We are disheartened to hear of the negative experience you have had at this establishment. I personally checked into the occurrence you have specified and would like to shed some light on what we found out. Within a few days of each other, two identical reservations were made on a third party travel site. Both reservations were made with separate credit cards. As for being unable to refund the double charge; It is company policy to cancel a reservation 24 hours prior to check-in (3pm). The customer service representatives at the front desk were merely following protocol set by company standards. We would like to work with you in proposing a solution to make your next stay in Ouray a pleasant and positive experience. Feel free to contact our offices for any questions, comments, or concerns directly.
From all of us at the Best Western Plus Twin Peaks,
Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Drove in from Edwards Co, that day and had a wonderful trip some of the scenery was just breathtaking. Arrived around 5pm in Ouray found the hotel just fine. Check in was very easy, the Hotel is an older establishment but very comfortable. Our room had the best view available, I believe, from our balcony we looked over the premise and right onto the mountain ahead.
The bed was very comfortable, the kitchen area was fine for our needs, would not hesitate to ever stay here again. Did not check out the breakfast but from all I have read we must have lost out, sounds very good.
I would want to mention the stairs were VERY STEEP if had any problems in climbing this could be a problem, would want to mention that when making reservation if that was a problem.

Room Tip: Book in advance, choose the balcony room for best view. I would want to mention the stairs were VER...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dkroberson
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This is an older building, but the rooms are nicely and stylishly updated. They allow pets in some rooms for additional charge. Lobby is mountain decor. Young man at desk was not very friendly. Large swimming pool and hot tub are same temperature, nice and warm from the hot springs. There is an indoor large hot tub that must be 105degrees, too hot. You could cook a lobster in it. A full breakfast is in a small separate building with a very nice chef, and his waffles are wonderful.

Room Tip: There are steep stairs to 2nd floor rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We have stayed in most of the hotels in Ouray, CO over the last 20 years but when we found the Best Western a couple of years ago we have started staying there every time. The breakfast is great and they serve until 10:30 (who wants to get up early on vacation?). The beds are fantastic (as good as Hamptons) and the showers are great. They also leave the heated pool open 24 hours a day so we can swim in the middle of the night if we like. The staff is always friendly and helpful and there are lots of places to sit outside and see the fantastic views of the mountains.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views so doesn't really matter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple