Ouray KOA
USD 177
Abram Inn & Suites(Ouray)(Great Value!)
USD 222
Ouray Chalet Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
USD 179
Timber Ridge Lodge Ouray(Ouray)(Great Value!)
USD 188
USD 167
USD 390
USD 326
Orbitz.com
Ouray Victorian Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
USD 226
USD 200
Hotwire.com
Hot Springs Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
USD 170
Official Site
All reviewstent campingclean restroomscreekside cafetent areasfire ringhot tubgreat campgroundshower facilitiesdeluxe cabinnational forestoff roadbiscuits and gravyplace to staythe riverlaundryjeepridgeway
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We've been coming to this campground since 1999. We always considered this the best campground in the area. However, this visit was very disappointing. The campground is run down, campsites have overgrown shrubbery. The landscape timbers are rotten and the picnic tables are also in really rough shape. The price to stay here has continually gone up and the amenities don't match the cost. The breakfasts served in the café are mediocre at best and, again, the cost doesn't match the food. They did add a new section of fencing and several additional cabins. However, we don't benefit from that and the price hike says we're paying for things we will never use. If you're looking for a high priced place to stay, this is it. Not recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 5 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at 4 KOAs during our last trip this month. KOA is our go-to as they are always reliable when it comes to what to expect. We tented it every night. They have two tent areas that are different in that one is more isolated and sunny and the other in the thick of things and shady. Their Jeep rentals were super convenient and reasonable. We drove the Imogene Pass trail, which was challenging but exciting and a highlight of the trip. There is next to nothing when it comes to groceries. The store in Ouray is slightly more than a convenience store and my understanding is that the same exists in Ridgway. Chain businesses like Wal-Mart are 45 min away in Montrose.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I took a 4 day road trip from Meeker to Durango and planned on staying in national forest camp sites. On the 3rd day, I felt I needed a few more amenities. I pulled into the Ouray KOA and found a very helpful staff, super clean restrooms and a lovely camp spot on the river. The nightly cost was more than I wanted to spend. However, I am happy I stayed. Everyone working at the KOA was helpful...and happy. I highly recommend this campground.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Was road tripping through the southern Colorado and found this KOA for last minute tent camping. As a solo female traveler I felt entirely safe camping at this location alone. The two staff members who assisted at check in (evening of July 9th) were so friendly and helpful with maps and local ideas, it was a great start. The site was clean, quiet, scenic, and well located about ten minutes from town. Bathrooms were a short walk away, there were shower facilities and kids areas. Heard breakfast was amazing, but didn't get to enjoy this time around. Would definitely be back when in the area.

Room Tip: Back camping spots seem to have less auto and foot traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My family (myself, wife, 8 year old son, 3 year old daughter) tent camped 3 nights in site 47B. My daughters first time camping she loved it. The site was nice with a few trees near the woods. The site did lack a charcoal grill which most of the other nearby sites had though not all. The staff provided us a grill to place over the fire pit which worked well enough. Though a charcoal grill worked have been better. This was a non-electric site and from what I could tell most if not all of the tents sites were non-electric. Our GMC Acadia has a 120v plug but I forgot to bring an extension cord. One of the KOA staff members let us borrow his personal extension cord twice so we could air up our air mattress. In early August the sleeping temps were a little chilly, good thing we brought a few sleeping bags. The KOA is about 9 miles south of Ridgeway and 4 miles north of Ouray. Ridgeway has a small grocery store. I think Ouray has an even smaller grocery store. It rained a little just about every day we were there sometimes a couple times, but then the sun would come out and it would be nice. The campground has a young bear around that seems to be an opportunist at night for those that leave food or pots and pans out. The campground also has a doe and her twin fawns that graze on the lush grass, we saw them walk near our campsite everyday. Each site had a wooden picnic table. Site 47B is in a little bit of a low lying area compared to some of the other sites, if I'd had known this before booking I'd have requested one of the sites on higher ground. It didn't rain enough to be a problem; however I suspect if there had been a monsoon type rain we'd likely had some water issues. The views from our site were okay, but nothing compared to being in Ouray. The price was very economical though, the staff very friendly and helpful. We were too busy to try the hot tub or play ground area. The free wifi was nice and worked well. We have phone service through t-mobile; there was no coverage there to speak of. The showers were clean and not very far from our camp site. There are also a few sinks near the showers for washing dishes which was convenient. Overall it was a great experience, we all enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family