All reviews dog park the river hot tub waffles in town the owner fire pit main street two queen beds two blocks place to stay waffle maker refrigerator and microwave full kitchen biscuits and gravy jeep tour beautiful setting
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Pros-The grounds and landscaping were really pretty good especially by the river. The bed was very comfortable!

Cons-The room was tiny and the river view was practically non existent. Breakfast was all carbs (donuts, waffles, cereal) and yogurt. No fresh fruit, no sausage or eggs, no oatmeal, no hot water for tea.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We stayed here for a couple of days. There was nobody at the reception when we got in, even being before 9pm, but an envelope with the keys. The room was very small and near the stairs (on the opposite side of the river). Of the hot tubs, only 1 was working, the other had no water. We payed over $200 and expected something a bit better, also because there were only 2 other rooms being occupied and the whole hotel available. Hot breakfast is supposedly served, but when we got there there at 8am there was only 1 sausage, 1 biscuit and no gravy. Nobody was restocking, so we called through the phone at the reception. The guy that came said that he did not do gravy or much food cause "there were only 3 guests" (clarification: 3 rooms, but we met all others, a family of 6, another couple and we, also 2 people), our face and the family that was there was kind of surprised by his response. We told the other couple that got in a bit later and their face was the same... and the next day there there was gravy but no biscuits and no batter for the waffle... Again nobody there to check-out, just our receipt on the table.
When we were walking, some neighbors told us that this hotel was closed, and that they were redoing the roof the week before... If you don't want guests and don't want to provide an appropriate customer service, please don't allow your rooms to be booked through different websites. I'm sure it will be very nice to stay here when completely opened, but we would have liked to be welcomed as the paying guests that we were...
On the good side: beds were comfy, riverwalk is close, walking distance to all restaurants, deers visiting the parking lot :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank silthalion
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel on Travelocity for a really good deal. I checked their website and it showed the same family suite room for more than double the price. I called the motel to verify and they said I found a great deal and yes the room was available. I booked it through Travelocity and then got an email 2 days later indicating the motel was sorry but the room was unfortunately not available. I called the motel and they did indicate the room was not available and they did not have my reservation. I double checked their website and it still shows availability for this room. Total BS and it clearly shows they just want to rent out the room for more money. I've always wanted to stay here but now will be telling everyone to stay away!! This borders on deceptive business practice.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank ChrisAnderson21
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We had booked thru booking.com and when we arrived they said that they had been overbooked. Then the receptionist Angie told us we they had arranged for a room at the comfort inn for the same rate and our room was waiting for us. When we arrived at the comfort inn they knew nothing about this and had been booked up for days. Very bad customer service be wary making a reservation here.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhannaford
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Our first trip and stay in Ouray. Motel room amenities were adequate for our needs, having 4 immediate family members in our group, and cleanliness was acceptable. Furnishings were adequate but not exceptional and do not stand out or make an impression. Stayed 3 nights. Breakfast prepared and served on site at a designated outdoor patio, by motel management. Breakfast was at no time good, with little "hot" food, mostly packaged preserved commercially sourced foods. Our last morning, the biscuits and gravy were the worst I've ever encountered, with the biscuits having been over cooked and hard as wood, and the gravy did not "set up" having the consistency and appearance of dish water; was absolutely terrible. Pre-packaged preserved foods and produce were too limited. Fresh produce and dairy offering was very limited as well. One has to eat breakfast elsewhere in town. Breakfast served too late for early risers to partake. Wasted too much morning to wait for a sub-par breakfast. Ouray food service establishments and motel managers as a whole are not early risers, so if you are there during peak season and want to beat the crowd out to the trails, plan on skipping breakfast. Overall, I thought this was a very average place for the rates, and a subsequent stay reinforced my opinion that there are a few other choices of lodging for comparable or slightly higher rates that provide a better lodging experience. Parking is adequate and perhaps better than average for Ouray, where limited parking is the rule.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family