“Good enough ice cream”

Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Ouray
Description: 970-325-4077
Description: 970-325-4077
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Sort of Silverton-style, rustic-old, decor invites patrons to head to the back for ice cream. Flavors listed on a large blackboard on the wall may or may not be what's in the 5 gallon cans of ice cream in the freezer which are not marked. No vanilla. (No apology.) Chocolate chip, fair. Mint chocolate, very good. Vanilla with fudge marble, very good.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Stopped in for some ice cream and decided to try the sundae. The only problem with it was to eat quickly enough before the giant mound of different flavor ice creams in the bowl melted down over the side. All of the ones that I tried were good as were the samples that I tasted from my companion's bowl.

Worth a stop just for the ice cream.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Walked in for some candy and ice cream and was met by a "stoned" young man behind the counter. He couldn't even tell me what kind of candy was displayed on the bottom of the case. Not that it really mattered when I saw a dozen black flies inside the candy case having a meal on the candy. OMG can you imagine eating any of that? It just made us sick to think of someone selling fly infested food products. I guess there is no food police in town. Beware!!

3  Thank KansasSwede53
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We went one night for ice cream after a very hot day. The selections were excellent and the service was very good and friendly. The atmosphere was great. We liked it so much we kept going back that week.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

This is our favorite place in Ouray to get a substantial ice cream cone at a fair price. We love the flavor offerings and our favorites are Dulce Leche and coffee chip. Mmmmm.

Been to The Candy Co.? Share your experiences!