2,036 results
All reviews cliffside room buena vista juice bar relaxation pool the river upper pool bath house family pool spa area adult pool hot pools ghost town princeton hot springs large cabin overnight guests cascading pools locker room
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

We had heard a lot of good things about Mount Princeton. I was able to book a room the day before arriving. When I booked the room I asked if we were close to the hot springs, I was told yes it was just outside of the lodge. I was expecting that our room was at the main lodge. But it wasn't we had to drive up the road. We were placed in a motel style room. It was very basic, only a few coffees in the room. The tv was lower than the bed so it was hard to see while laying down. The room was dirty and the shower didn't get very hot. Once we changed we drove back down to the hot springs, they were just ok. The water was dirty and wasn't as relaxing as I thought it would be. We did eat at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Food was average and over priced. The views are awesome, that's about all they had. I guess I expected more with a place that adds "Resort " to their name.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coloradotravel2010
Reviewed 21 November 2015

Our entire family, 10 people, stayed in 2 cabins. We have come as a couple for several years, but this was a first time for us as a whole family. Everyone was happy with the experience. The cabins are beautiful, and appropriately furnished. Beds are so-so. Kitchens quite small, no oven, only stove-top. No grills due to fire danger in the national forests, we were told. Pans have seen some wear, but otherwise kitchen is pretty well furnished. Nice full-sized frig. The hot springs were wonderful as usual but perhaps the management is not as top-notch as it once was. This could be a luxury hotel with the proper staffing. Also the men's dressing room (spa-side) smelled of mildew, also the steam room by the main pools. The yoga class was outstanding. The meals in the restaurant fabulous. I think we would do this again but only with the appropriate discount.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad location!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Our friends stayed at Mt. Princeton while visiting our area. Our friends couldn't say enough about Joyce G. who checked them in. Joyce was friendly, informative and made them feel welcome. Thank goodness for a great employee like Joyce!! Thank you, Mt. Princeton, for putting Joyce at the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank hikergirl43
Reviewed 19 November 2015

We didn't stay here so I can't speak of the rooms, etc. For all that is lacking in the shower area/dressing room the pools are nicely kept. We spent most of our time lounging on the side of Chalk Creek. It was pretty awesome laying around a mountain fed creek in Colorado in the middle of November. All the staff that we came into contact with were helpful and friendly.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2015

This is the fourth time we visited Mr. Princeton. The prices have sky rocket and the cleanliness has bottomed out.
The staff is not capable of dealing with world travelers. They tell you anything to get you here, and then they cover up by saying the staff member you spoke with didn't say the right thing, or say the truth, but we are sorry that is not possible.

Stayed: November 2015
4  Thank Brooklynworldvoyager
MtPrincetonMngmt, Manager at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for offering some feedback about your stay. It is regrettable that you did not include more specific information about the miscommunication you experienced with staff. We model our staff training around the concerns and feedback of guests and feel that negative experiences are our greatest opportunity to train, refine and improve our customer service.

As I'm sure you have seen over the years of your visiting us, we continue to remodel and make improvements across the property. We completely replaced the steam room at the Historic Bathhouse recently and completed a deep-clean on the pools today. We have installed new carpeting in some cabins and have a regular rotation for carpet shampooing in all rooms.

It is disappointing to have missed the opportunity to address your concerns personally at the time of your visit. Thank you again for your feedback.