“New Mexican sauces!”
Review of Arlene's Beans

Arlene's Beans
Ranked #23 of 65 Restaurants in Monument
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We have been to Arlene's Beans a few times, most recently just tried their new location at 366 2nd St, Monument, CO 80132.

I love that they have vegan-friendly beans and rice (husband is vegetarian), and I especially love that they have New Mexican style sauces (not the wimpy Mexican sauces you get at most places around here). I like the 'Edgweood' (pork) burrito, smothered with red sauce.

At the new location, it is much bigger and even serves liquor. You still order at the counter and wait for your name to be called. Seems a little disorganized when it is crowded there, but it is ok.

Note that they are only open limited days, I think Thursday through Friday right now.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Burritos are big enough for two. I've tried the ground beef, carnitas and chicken burritos....all very good. Labamba is my favorite. Very small inside...usually get to go. Sauces are spicy and might get on side if you don't like too much heat. Everything is made fresh and organic. Family run business...Arlene is usually cooming. Super friendly!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My hubby and I enjoyed dining-in Thursday evening, 11/2/17 for our first experience at Arlene's. Note their winter hours if you want an evening meal as they are not open all evenings.

While the building is humble and somewhat small, the dining area was clean and nicely decorated. There was a steady steam of mostly take-out customers, but it was not busy. As reported by others, we were warmly greeted and our order was taken quickly. This is truly a family operation and a labor of love.

We loved that the food is fresh tasting, beans are not made with lard (vegan friendly and TASTY), there is a vegetable burrito option (again vegan friendly - they were happy to leave the cheese off my order), and the portion size was large and very filling (we both took some home for lunch the next day). Lettuce is not boring/nutrient-absent iceburg but fresh and delicious romaine. If you love authentic New Mexico flavors, Arlene's is the place for you!

My only caution - for a true gringo like myself, even the green chili was a little on the spicy side. But the flavors of all the food overwhelmingly made this a restaurant we will visit again! Give Arlene a try - her cooking is great!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I was ordering for a party of 14. Arlene prepared a burrito for me to taste - half green chile chicken and the other half red chili beef. My instant reaction when tasting the green chili chicken was WOW! I ordered both chicken and beef with rice and beans. My family loved the food. Everything was delicious!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Sadly, I can't tell you how the food tastes. After ordering rice, beans and red Chilean to go for $8.5 in an unvented shack, my order was still inline after a 13 minute wait! I didn't want to miss my meeting.
Very disappointed!