“Best deal in town”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA
“Best deal in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I was expecting a less than stellar experience for the price I booked the hotel at. To my delight, the rooms were spacious, had all the amenities we needed, and breakfast was great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Janetcm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Red Arrow. We are truly pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. Surpassing guest expectations is what my staff and I work for on a daily basis. Again thank you, we hope to see you again the next time you are in Montrose.

S. Flynn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Snowmass Village, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Pros: clean room, big beds, cheap
Cons: hot tub was gross and tv was so ancient it barely worked

• Stayed November 2011
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Every room I have stayed in here has a balcony, coffee machine, refrigerator and cable tv. For the price the hotel charges you can't beat the value. Continental breakfast is great if you get there early in the morning when the food and coffee is fresh. Front-desk staff is super friendly and will go out of their way to help you on your stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a second level room to avoid noisy upstairs neighbors!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Business put me in Montrose for 3 weeks - a very long time to stay in a hotel! I was greeted by the owner, Scott, who assured me they'd take care of me, and did they ever! I'm a world traveller, and I can honestly say this stay is among the best I've experienced in 20+ years. The room was spacious, clean, well appointed, and I particularly enjoyed sitting out on my patio. I ate 'in' several nights, using the microwave and refrigerator to keep supplies. And, yes, there's wireless but also a free computer system available in the lobby.
As others have noted, the complex has many amentities that are scrupulously cared for - an indoor spa, nicely equipped gym, laundry facilities, outdoor pool, play area for kids, even a motorcycle wash area! You'd think I'd be tired of breakfast at the same place every day, but there's great variety and it's delicious - make-your-own omelettes and pancakes, even.
Finally, my stay was made extra special by the amazing staff. Nothing was too hard for them to handle with a smile, and they actually talked to me - really talked, not just 'Good morning'. Thoughtful little things they did for me eased my stay. This is a very well run hotel, with a great attitude. I highly recommend it - and their fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at the desk!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the park area for the hotel- thus quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Dear Patty F,

Thank you, for taking the time to write such an uplifting review. I shared your comments with the entire staff, and it brought smiles to all. Your feedback proves that we are doing a great job. It also challenges us to bring that level of service, to each and every guest that graces our door. It brings us great satisfaction to receive such high marks from a world traveller such as yourself. I am thankful we made you feel at ease and you truly enjoyed your stay.
For those of us who missed you on your departure I would like to say farewell, good luck and safe travels.
If you ever find yourself in Montrose again, your patio chair is waiting, the cookies are warm from the oven, and we are never too busy to chat with a friend. You are always welcome here!

S. Flynn
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Very comfortable stay for a few days. Great hot breakfast with sausage and even an omelet maker. Room had fridge w/freezer and coffee maker. Comfortable bed. Good TV and Internet. Nice complex of laundry, games, exercise room and small spa tub all inside all with covered access. Great in rain. Huge lawn area in back with slides and swings for kids. Nice pool in summer. Very pleasant staff and cookies at 3PM. The only reason for 4* was that the room was a bit dark and a/c a bit funky. I would be happy to stay here again. Great location for shooping or local areas Telluride, Urah, Black canyon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple