See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Ripple Creek Lodge combines rustic charm with down home service in the midst of one of the most beautiful parts of Colorado and America. Nestled in the mountains, the Lodge offers delicious and full dinner and breakfast, along with sack lunches for your tours of the surrounding mountains, rivers, lakes and panoramas. Four of us arrived with our horses and had a superb two days exploring some of the most beautiful vistas and lakes i've ever seen. Enjoying cocktails and homemade appetizers on the deck before a full and delicious dinner (BYOB) the Lodge was a combination of couples, singles and families looking for the perfect relaxed place from which to view the surrounding mountain scenery. Host Dan Schwartz is also a great chef and was there to answer any and all questions. If you want to see some of America's most beautiful mountain scenery, and do so in comfortable but rustic style: Ripple Creek is your place!!!! (The lodge also offers very nice trail rides by horseback if you prefer not to "hoof" it on your own two feet!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016

My group booked a cabin to get away from the city and spend quality time with old friends. We couldn't have picked a better place! Quiet, quaint, very clean, hospitable, and great homemade food. Dan, the owner, is on site and manages (and does) the day to day activities. With the owner on site, the small problems that do arise (we didn't have any) can get solved quickly and Dan makes sure that your stay is fantastic. Our cabin was by the river; it was so nice to open the window and sleep to that sound! While it wasn't hunting season when we went, we saw many elk. I would recommend Ripple Creek to families, friends, and hunters alike!

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin #7, which is right by the river. It is also close to the road, but heard one car the two days we were there.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed here in 1985 on our wedding trip. We went back 30 years later and we're not disappointed. There have been of course upgrades since 1985, but not to the extent to change what is so special about the place. The lodge and cabins are rustic but comfortable. The food is terrific and the White River National Forest is beautiful. The young staff is energetic and helpful. Take a horse ride home fishing or sight seeing. Loved it (again ).

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 5 February 2015

What a great experience. You must understand it is not like staying in the cabins and be warm all of the time. The tents are very basic wall tents. We stayed at Sand Camp. The scenery is unbelievable. Surrounded by mountains so get in shape. Weather for us was not the greatest but you can't rely on having perfect weather. We hunted the first rifle season in Nov. and had a rather large snow storm our second day. The weather had been so nice for so long. I don't think the elk had been on the move, yet. We didn't venture very far away from camp. I would say less than 3 miles.

This was my first time hunting elk and wanted the full feel of camping and hunting and I got it.

BP

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brent P
Reviewed 12 January 2015

I hunted with Ripple Creek Lodge for the 2014 Archery Elk season. It was a fully guided hunt. My guide made sure I was on the mountian early and hunted late. A hearty breakfast was ready every morning and before we left and we got a sack lunch to pack with us. When your hunting hard you need to keep your calorie intake up. We got into elk everyday pretty much as soon as we got off the horses. The horses were very capable and sure footed. I would recommend a little saddle time before heading up though. We rode up in the dark and back down in the dark. My guide Dan who is also the owner made me feel comfortable the entire time. It's almost like we had hunted together for years. We got close to Elk everyday but just not close enough for an archery shot. There were a couple others guys hunting the same week I did and they all harvested really nice Bulls. There are a couple other post on here about hunting close to the road....yes there are roads up there but I never heard a single truck or saw another hunter. I've hunted all over North America including Alaska and this the definition of wilderness. Dan and his crew are top notch. I booked a hunt for next year even before my hunt was over. Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo