“It was ok...”

Cave of the Winds Mountain Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discovered in 1881, Cave of the Winds has been a premier Colorado attraction for more than a century. Explore amazing caverns, experience total cave darkness, and marvel at the beauty of formations hundreds of thousands of years old. Then step outside and walk on the wind on the Wind Walker Challenge Course, fly like a bat on the Bat-a-Pult Zip Line, and dive into Williams Canyon on the one of a kind aerial dive ride, the TERROR-Dactyl. Lots of family fun, amazing views and memories to last a lifetime!
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I went here by myself...clearly it's a family destination...I felt out of place and awkward, but, the cave itself was cool. You will be walking through small/tight passageways, on uneven ground, and up tiny/awkward stairs at some points...but a cool experience nonetheless. The tour guide I had was funny and informative. I did the short tour; it lasted about 45 mins. Pics and videos in the caves don't turn out (poor lighting, even with a good flash on your camera)...just an FYI...overall, it was an ok experience...glad I went once..I'll probably never go back just cuz I've seen it once...

caveofthewinds, Manager at Cave of the Winds Mountain Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour through the cave.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,033)
All reviews
in 38 reviews
"little pricey"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2012

While the cave was fairly cool in itself, the tour seemed rushed. In fact we missed quite a lot of the beginning because a guy ran us through to catch up with a tour that was already underway.
There are some nice views on the balcony outside of the gift shop. There was a lot of construction going on in front of and inside the building, so maybe they have big plans for improvement.
The attraction was not crowded, we probably saw 5 other visitors while we were there.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour. However, we are sorry to hear that you felt that your tour was rushed. We try to give each of our guests more than enough time to be able to taken in the beauty of our cave as well as the canyon views outside. We will be sure to speak with our guides in an effort to make sure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

The lantern tour was interesting and our guide Dustin had a lot of energy. Having never been in a cave I wish this tour was combined with the regular tour to see more of geological features. Our tour was filled with ghost stories, complete darkness, excitement and I was even sang happy birthday to me by everyone in the group!

Awesome! We are excited to hear that you had a fun time on your Lantern tour with Dustin. We will be sure to let him know what a great job he is doing.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Although i read a ton of bad reviews, I decided to come check this out. I went as a young kid and wanted to see how it looked now adays. I brought my young children with me, Brandy was our guide she included the kids in the tour. She let them blow out the lantern for total cave darkness they loved it and talked about it for a good week. Her jokes were corny but still funny she had the entire tour laughing any time she would say something she knew what she was talking about it seemed and she could answer any quesetions i or anyone had aske. I would highly recommend the discovery tour for the formations and the view. I will deff be back!!

Wonderful! We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable tour with Brandy. We will be sure to let her know what great job that she is doing.