This was a well maintained and very clean cabin. The deck is a great place for watching birds and deer and is very peaceful. The cabin is centrally located between many activities: Mesa Verde, multiple mountain bike trail heads, wonderful restaurants in each direction and horseback riding just down the road.
Not to mention that the owner, Rollin, was a wonderful host. We will definitely be back and highly recommend it!
We recently had the pleasure of spending 30 days at the lovely La Plata Mountain Cabin. Our retreat truly was one of the most enjoyable and relaxing vacations we have ever had. Attributes of La Plata include:
- The cabin is beautifully crafted, with high ceilings, natural light, and charming fixtures. You can tell it was built and is maintained with pride. It was also spotlessly clean.
- The location is perfect – private hideaway in the mountains but with 10 minute access to town and centrally located between Cortez and Durango.
- Every attention has been paid to make sure everything in the cabin is comfortable and well-appointed. There is the perfect place for everything and everything in its place. We felt AT HOME but better from Day 1 to Day 30. We could just relax and enjoy.
- Beds were very comfortable, shower was hot and water plentiful, and all appliances worked great.
- Our hosts, Rollin and Robin, were delightful and very informative.
- The porch was our very favorite place to hang out – enjoying the daily visits by the deer, including two sets of twin fawns. Some days this is all we did and it was enough.
- At night the stars were breathtaking.
We had another couple join us for several nights and the cabin very easily accommodated four people. We each had space but could hang out together; talking, cooking, or playing cards. It was much better vibe than having separate hotel rooms or cabins on a cruise ship – we spent time and made memories.
Our daughter also visited with our three grandgirls during our stay and we opted to also rent the bunkhouse for those nights. The grandgirls were overjoyed – they were so excited to be staying in their own “tiny house” in Colorado. The bunkhouse is truly a marvel in efficiency; functional and also very comfortable. It is also beautiful, with cool touches like the kitchen window created out of a pick-up truck windshield.
THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO within easy driving distance of the cabins. There is a wonderful horse-riding stable just down the road and the National Forest is only 5 minutes away. In Durango we went river rafting, enjoyed Purgatory Resort, hiked some of the Colorado trail and took the amazing train to Silverton. Mesa Verde is less than 20 minutes away. Pagosa Springs has hot springs, waterfalls and river trails. There was fly fishing, kayaking, and mountain biking just short drives away. Arches National Park was an easy day trip along with the San Juan Skyway, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, and Monument Valley.
Truly, we cannot recommend the La Plata Mountain Cabin enough – it was so hard to leave this magical place. We are already planning a return trip in the winter and will not even consider staying anywhere else. Thank you, Rollin and Robin, for creating such a peaceful and wonderful place!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children|
Living in fast paced houston texas this was the perfect getaway!
Cabin was very nice and clean. Very we'll equipped . Very secluded and peaceful.
I recommend it . It was worth the long drive.