“Local mexican, reasonable lunch menu, okay food, good service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Mariposa Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 26 Restaurants in Lyons
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch coming down from estes park. They had a reasonably priced lunch menu with a good selection of items.

The chips and salsa were okay. The food was good, but average. The waitress was friendly and service was fast.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

My wife I ate here and found the food good with large portions and the chips and salsa excellent. We took advantage of the buy one margarita and get the second one free offer and never looked back as they were top notch. Our waitress was very attentive and kept up with our needs. We will stop in again next time we are in town!!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

La mariposa had a separate area for our mid-season party. The margaritas by the pitcher were great. Favorite dishes among the staff were the shrimp ceviche and the moieties bowls,

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We picked this one because my granddaughter needed to use the restroom and it was easy to get to (other than other places with construction interference ) there was an outside patio as well. My daughter went in with 3 year old and asked about allowing my dog to sit with us on the patio. Waiter opened the gate for us, fetched water for the dog, and we were able to get our order in fast time. Food was great and margaritas were good too. A very nice stop!

Reviewed 24 June 2016

La Mariposa has an extensive menu, including a fair amount of seafood (oysters on the half shell?). Tortilla chips provided before the meal were nice, thin and crispy. Salsa very simple and very mild. Chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce were good, as were the accompanying refried beans. Rice rather bland. Extensive margarita menu as well, although almost all were made with sour mix -- not my favorite. A coin style marg was inexplicably large with no sour mix and seemingly no tequila. Complimentary sopapillas were a little doughy.