“Solid food...confused waiter”

La Mariposa Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 26 Restaurants in Lyons
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Went with a good-sized group and ate outside. The food was pretty decent all around, though the waiter was critical of people just ordering water to drink (asking "just water?" after each such order) and got confused on some of the orders. Will probably go back at some point, since it's convenient, we got our food in a reasonable amount of time and it can accommodate a good-sized group after a hike in Rocky Mountain, but it's nothing special.

Reviewed 23 November 2009

This place has fantastic food! I lived in Colorado for a lot of years, but then moved back East. I miss Mexican food, especially the Chili Rellenos I used to get at La Bola restaurant in Denver back in the day. Well La Mariposa makes them just as good. I discovered this place on the way to Estes Park for a three day vacation. I loved it so much I drove back down the mountain every night to eat here. This place might not have the best ambience but if you want great food, this is the place

Reviewed 2 October 2006

The food here is tolerable, but this is not a restaurant that I will be going to a second time. The atmosphere is not cozy or welcoming. Longmont has much better Mexican food options - or try Cilantro Marys.