“Little Mexico ”

El Cielo II Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 261 Restaurants in Loveland
Price range: USD 8 - USD 12
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New in Loveland, CO. Same ownership and menu as El Cielo in Greeley, Colorado.
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Tried this restaurant through recommendation from a friend. Missed their lunch buffet that is from 11am till 2pm. Good choices and valued for money than ala carte. The food taste very nice and the restaurant has a good Mexican atmosphere. Will come back to try the buffet again.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Our neighbors kept pestering us to try El Cielo out. But it’s just a little place in a strip mall. How good can it be? Well it’s excellent, a lovely little place.

We were there just after the lunch crowd so the restaurant was busy but not crowded. We were greeted promptly and shown to our table. The server arrived almost immediately and took our drink order. I had the house margarita and it was excellent. Next the chips and a delicious dip that was a soupy refried bean dish were served. If you prefer a regular salsa then don’t miss the salsa bar. It’s got everything you’ve ever wanted.

My wife ordered a chili relleno and burrito combo covered in green chili. Both were excellent and the relleno had a superb thin crust. While on the green chili they serve it three ways, mild medium and hot. And by hot I mean treat it with respect. It is hot.

I had carne asada street tacos, a cheese enchilada, soupy pintos and a side of green chili. The tacos were wonderful as were the pintos. I would have preferred chopped onion in my enchilada. The green chili while wonderful was too hot.

Our service was great, very attentive. There were a few language problems but nothing significant. The only down side is we were seated beside a big bell that you ring as you leave if you liked the meal. Please I’m begging lose the bell. I can still hear it ringing.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Very good authentic Mexican food!!! I love the fish tacos and my husband likes the burritos.... Nice servers and atmosphere. Don't forget to ring the bell as you leave it you loved your meal!!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Came here with my wife for a relaxed dinner. Lots of locals seem to come here. The food was fairly dull but the Top Shelf margarita was good. They have refried beans rather than salsa to go with their chips (interesting and unexpected, but weird). The service was good. Probably wouldn’t come back. There are better options in town.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Our group of 9 walked in on the spur of the moment to grab good Mexican food and catch up with one another. No problemo! We were welcomed and quickly arrangements were made to seat us. No stress, no worry, we are so glad you are here was the atmosphere. Our waiter gave us information, made suggestions, and was extremely courteous and patient with all of us chattering away and discussing and recussing what we would have. Several of us chose the taco bar - great for those with large appetites and wanting to try a multitude of items. Others had thirst quenching marqaritas which were just right - not too strong - along with nachos. No complaints, just full stomachs and lots of laughter and casual relaxation.