“Kind of boring”

Carmody Recreation Center
Ranked #11 of 15 things to do in Lakewood
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

They have an inside and outside pool. Lap lanes in both. I had a 7 year old with me and she loved the diving board (high and 2 regular boards) But, there isn't anything else there, no slides or equipment so many places do have now. After about an hour and a half the girl I brought declared she was bored. Very few other people were there that day.
They have vending machines with some healthy options and ice-cream.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

This place has it all and for a low admission cost. Olympic sized indoor pool, an outdoor pool in the summer and a gym. Friendly staff. You can buy a one day pass, punch pass or annual pass. Discounted for Lakewood residents.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

I joined Carmody years ago to train for Kilimanjaro as a backup to my regular gym. They have two huge Olympic pools, one for summer outside, the other inside. Once you know the schedule it's hard not to find a time to do your workouts. Lots of room, clean, safe and great staff. I have lost things here from glass to an Ipod Shuffle and they always end up at the front desk. I am a member for life. They have military discounts as well as senior discounts. If I have to wait for the swim team I just work out on the weights til the pool opens up. Two in one! Love this place.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We love Carmody! We pay around $40/mo for a family membership and this Lakewood Rec HAS A DAYCARE! Because we have the annual membership we get free daycare. Can you say amazing?! A sitter around here is around $15/hr so by going to work out at least twice a month, it's totally worth it. Plus, another mom posted on my FB she checks her little little one in to the daycare and is able to lay out in peace by the outdoor pool. Haven't done that personally but it seems like a sanity saver

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 January 2015

This is a nice local rec center that recently remodeled and have a very helpful & friendly staff. It has a very large indoor pool and a 1/16 mile walking track. Lots of classes to sign up for and trainers to help you understand all of the machines. They have day care for a fee by the hour. Seniors with Silver Sneakers get in free.