All reviewsgreat ownerskitchen suppliesaspen groveplace to stayjeep rentalalpine looprocky mountainin townjimarnoldjeepsbedroomporchplancabinfolkshosts
Reviewed 18 May 2018

We booked reservation for June 9th for 8 days. I found out 2 hours ago that I lost my job after 17 years! I called Jim (the owner) and was told more or less TOUGH, we will not give your $250 deposit. He had the audacity to say well it sounds like you had a good job, so you should be able to afford to lose the deposit!! DON'T Stay here. They are CROOKS!!! I can't believe they did this to us.... Some people (Jim Including) has NO compassion!! Not only will I put this on here, but I will be getting in touch with the Better Business Bureau!!! He thought I would drop it, but I will not!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anita W
JimNitaA, Owner at Pleasant View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

When this customer called to reserve she was informed of our non-refundable deposit. We sent her a confirmation again stating in writing that her deposit was non-refundable. She acknowledged receipt of the confirmation by asking for additional information regarding her stay. When she called to cancel, she stated she was aware of our policy but wanted her money back anyway. I stated I was sorry for her circumstances and offered to defer her reservation to a later date. I stated we would not refund her deposit. I do not believe that following our policy when she had full disclosure at the time of reservation, makes us "crooks" ( a much kinder word than she called me on the phone).

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We just spent another five nights at the Pleasant View and really enjoyed ourselves as usual. Our cabin, like all of them, was clean decorated in the 50's style that the Pleasant View is known for. The owner's, Jim and Nita, are very friendly and willing to help you plan your daily outings into the San Juan mountains. We will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We have spent almost $60 more per night to rent a privately owned cabin in town. That place was awful. But we really enjoyed the stay at Pleasant View. We were there from Sep 4-7. The decorations are kind of kitschy, but the place is immaculate. And I really mean immaculate. The bed was excellent, pillows ok, no holes in screens on windows, and it was quiet. Folks were out visiting with each other on the front porches and having a great time. But it all went quiet by 8:30. For those of you who may be struggling with the lack of AC. It was just fine without it. We actually got cold the first night and had to close all the windows. The hosts were very attentive and helpful. Look, here's the thing about staying in Lake City you need to know. You NEED to stay at a place where you can make some of your own meals. We've stayed in Lake City on four different trips now so you can trust this advise, plan to do a little meal prep. The restaurants in town have odd hours. They may advertise they will be open at a certain time, but they won't be. One we went to was out of food! The kitchens at pleasant View are well supplied and everything worked well. We also rented a jeep from them as we have done before and it worked well. You MUST have a jeep to see the Alpine Loop or else take a commercial tour. Don't go there expecting to drive your car over the passes, it just won't happen. Look, when you come to Lake City you aren't going to find 5star accommodations. It's not New York City. It's a mountain town. Relax and enjoy the laid back atmosphere. It is a beautiful place and Pleasant View is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daveordell
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stayed in the Aspen Grove 1 bedroom cabin. The PVR Cabin Amenities section on the Pleasant View Resort website states: Bedrooms have a queen bed in one bedroom and another queen in the second bedroom or 2 twin beds in the second bedroom. You will find the beds made with extra blankets and pillows available if needed. Apparently the bed in the Aspen Grove cabin shrunk prior to our arrival or this information doesn't pertain to this cabin because it was furnished with a FULL size bed not a QUEEN. Not only was it a FULL size bed, the mattress needs to be replaced as there is a hump in the middle and you sink on either side...we both woke up with low back pain every morning. The electrical outlets need to be replaced because the plug won't fit snug or stay in the outlet...a major fire risk. I had to set the coffeemaker on the floor to make coffee because the receptacle near the coffeemaker was too loose for the plug. Since there isn't any air conditioning in the cabin, we opened the windows...well the windows that could be opened. The bathroom window wouldn't open and we weren't able to leave the door to the deck open for air because the screen on the screen door was shredded and holey. On a positive note, the cabin was extremely clean and all other amenities listed on the website were provided.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Stayed recently with Jim and Nita Arnold at Pleasant View Resort and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations!! We stayed in a two bedroom cabin with a sleeper sofa for the Grandsons. The cabin was clean and well stocked with kitchen supplies, a toaster, microwave, full size refrigerator and stove. Playground for the kids, horseshoes for the adults and weber grills at each cabin. They also have 4x4 jeep and RZR rentals on-site. I plan to make this one of my go to places in central Colorado.

Room Tip: Scenic mountain view
Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family