See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms have definitely not been updated, which is kind of awesome. Old wood paneling, kitchenette and built ins. Very clean. Walls are kind of thin but fortunately our neighbors were considerate. Front staff and all staff were extremely kind. Great small town care. Decent value for a beautiful town with no big box vendors.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jp3709
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Soooooo this motel could be more if the owners would invest more. It's old and worn out.

The room we stayed in had a kitchenette with sink, stove/oven and refrigerator. When you walked into the room there was a strong smell of propane/gas. Turns out the pilot light was out to a couple of the burners. Had to sleep with all the windows open since the smell never did go away. The door to the freezer in the refrigerator was broken off and the water faucet handles were stripped so it was at best difficult to stop the water from dripping all night. All of the appliances are old, really old and in need of replacement.

The bathroom wall paper was peeling up with large strips just hanging from the wall. Black mold in the shower and it's the only bathroom in a motel/hotel that did not have tissue. Had to use toilet paper to blow your nose. Some of the window screens were ripped so having to sleep with the windows opened allowed the local bugs an opportunity to join you in your room. The staff was good and seemed to care.

Beds were sort of ok, but they need to be replaced someday sooner rather than later. The outside is kept up but it to needs work on the building. Location is good as it's right around the corner from the center of town and the local coffee shop Chillin which was good.

Overall would not go back until the owners invest some money which is sorely needed especially given the nightly rate.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marine-0311-Grunt
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This is my first time visiting Lake City which is a very small community with not many lodging options. During my visit here, I opted to stay at the Silver Spur Motel. The room that I stayed in was a kitchenette, very reminiscent of the motor hotels that was built back in the 50's and 60's. The room was clean, kitchenette nicely stocked, good cable and internet. My major complaint was that I was unable to contact motel management after the front desk closed at 9pm. There is no literature in the room about the motel and when I called the main number for the motel, I got no answer. My second complaint is that there is no central heating/AC in the rooms only a gas wall heater. I don't think that anyone would need AC in the summer with Lake City being at over 8600 feet in altitude but the nights/mornings can get chilly with the outside temperatures going down in the lower 50's. I was just too tired after traveling all day to mess with an older gas wall heater.Luckily, my hoodie that I travel with kept me fairly warm.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in room 4 for 2 nights!The room smelled very musty had to air it out. No blow dryer, towel rack fell off hanging a towel on it. Pillows are very old and flat. It is in a great location walking distance to food and shopping! If they just do a few updates it would be great!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy G
Reviewed 3 August 2016

We stopped in the gift shop to pick up some t-shirts. Good selection and friendly man behind the counter. The town was booked solid, but the man was gracious and helpful to his prospective guests. Great place!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends