“Quaint and Quiet”

Excellent
cabin 1
screen porch
kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

RScarlton
Canyon, Texas
“Quaint and Quiet”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I made a last minute decision to take a week of vacation in Lake City. Within a couple of phone calls we were able to book the week at G and M Cabins. Due to our last minute decision, we had to spend the first of 5 nights in a different cabin which was no problem for us. Jacqui and Joe are the property managers and Jacqui was very kind and apologetic for the fact that we had to change cabins after the first night but It was truly not an issue.
If I understood correctly, each cabin is privately owned and not all cabins on the property are available for rent. I can tell you that the property is very well managed, clean and beautifully decorated with flower arrangements. Jacqui and Joe are very kind and eager to help you know the happenings in Lake City. Joe is a volunteer fire fighter for the Lake City Fire Department so I found an instant kinship with him.
Both of our Cabins (14 and 15) were clean, well stocked and roomy. Both Cabins are 2 person with a combined living and bedroom, kitchen and single bath. What I always think is most important is the mattress and both were very comfortable and we slept well. The photos on the website are accurate and seem to be current so I think you can book with confidence by looking at the photos.
The location is awesome and I would have to say one of the best locations in which to stay. You can walk to the best restaurants, grocery store, coffee shop, fly shop and shopping (one of the best little shops is just across the street). The only thing missing and the reason for a 4 star rather than 5 would be to have a nice stream on the property and a great place to sit. Our cabins lacked a great place to sit outside but many of the other do (none by a stream however). For Lake City, I would think you can't go wrong with G and M both on price and comfort. There are nicer places here but like anything else it all comes with a price. G and M Cabins is a great value for a great vacation stay in Lake City.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing