“Ideal Base House for exploring Iceland”
other travellers have booked this property
The Cottage View from the house
Kitchen - Fully equipped
Dining room
Bathroom with shower
View from bedroom
Private road to the house - free parking
Neighborhood
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Ali0417
Perth, Australia
“Ideal Base House for exploring Iceland”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Arrived at the house and we were met by Elias who was extremely welcoming and helpful. The house is brilliant - close to Keflavik airport - set on a beautiful property with amazing views. Very quiet location yet not to far to shops, restaurants etc. There were four of us staying in the house and we had plenty of space. The views out the windows are lovely. Even if you just wanted a few days relaxing in the house you could sit there and look out the window and feel chilled out. The house was lovely and warm, great having internet and good assortment of channels on the TV. Very comfortable place to stay and we had a fantastic time in Iceland. Highly recommended!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet, views and easy access
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Krummi930
Winsted, Connecticut
“My Forever Home”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I don't even know where to begin. I know few people who have traveled to Iceland as frequently as I have (33 times so far). I am constantly trying and researching new places to stay when I am not on business. Through Tripadvisor I happened upon what we all now call The Little Red House. If I could own a place anywhere in Iceland this would be it. The location between Keflavik and Reyjavik is perfect. In the summer you have beach and in the winter perfect viewing of the Aurora Borealis. You are moments away from the Blue Lagoon and the staggeringly unreal jewels that make up the Reykjanes Peninsula. The house itself is outfitted with every imaginable convenience. Washer, dryer, dishwasher, flat screen TV, wifi. The beds are super comfortable. The kitchen..although small is perfect and well appointed and what a view! The bathroom..although only one is huge and spotless. And then there is the owner, Elias....he is absolutely delicious...so kind so helpful..He bends over backwards for his customers. I just cannot say enough about him or his property. I have sent several of my customers (only the REALLY special ones) to Elias. This property and its owner are super special and so should be the people who rent it. I am back here again in September 2014 and in January 2015. I actually rent a room nearby but prefer to stay here. There is a spirit about Cabo Barque Grande that is utterly indescribable. Once you rent it you'll know exactly what I mean. Such a dear man and such a dear property. How lucky we all are that Elias makes it available to us.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Perfection
Liked least: The stairs to the upper loft are very steep and perhaps not suitable for elderly or disabled.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Felicity...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely comfortable cottage”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We arrived fairly late, and the owner Elias was there to greet us, he had been very helpful prior to arrival, and emailed details of supermarkets which would be open late, and places of interest. We saw the northern lights on our first night!....This house is in the perfect location for the beginning, end, or the duration of your stay, even though it is fairly close to the airport
it was quiet and peaceful, plenty to see and do nearby, including the Blue Lagoon, and the layout would lend itself to a fairly large group. The stairs to the upper room are fairly steep, which didn't bother us at all, but may be an issue for some. The house was very well equipped, had a washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher....it also had wi-fi which was an added bonus, as we weren't expecting it! We only stayed for two nights, but I wish we had stayed longer. I would recommend this house to others and stay there again myself!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
West Virginia
Reviewed 23 February 2014 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
West Virginia
Reviewed 23 February 2014 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing