All reviews indoor pool harbour resort sausage fish get away private beach complimentary breakfast lakeview restaurant nice view the ground floor time share bit dated minute drive parking lot bed was comfortable picnic tables watch the boats
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I was here decades ago and nothing much has changed except for new hotel chain owners. Now, no more suite stove tops or microwaves, although their stands remain. The hall carpet is still the same, worn and garish. There's new beds, but that's it.
Location and rates are a draw. There's lots to do around here if you're even a little bit outdoorsy. There's the adjoining beach, the shallow lagoon, fishing, boating, hiking and more. Within the hotel there's a pool and hot tub. The onsite restaurant and patio are both features and access to the water is metres away.
But, the hotel is tired. Needs some genuine revitalization

Room Tip: Avoid #108 - noisy fridge. Ask for lagoon view rather than garden view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a very pleasant stay, must get a Lagoon view. Room is also very nice. Breakfast is good and resonable. Staff is pleasant and helpful. Took a nice drive into Beaverton through the side roads and the next day to Orillia. Would recommend to my friends and I would come back again

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding a few weeks ago. When we woke up in the morning, we found a blood stain on the sheets at the bottom corner of the bed. We inspected our feet and legs and could not find a place on our body where it would have come from. This was our mistake for not checking the sheets before going to bed. We brought it up to the front desk and the employee told us we would be contacted by a manager and our credit card would not be charged until this happened. I called back the following morning and we were told that the blood came from us and that the bed had been individually inspected before our stay by the housekeeping manager, who said the sheets were clean, therefore they would not offer us a refund. They also mentioned because we were there for a wedding, we already got 15% off, so the room was already discounted. We settled that the situation was not handled well by the front desk staff who should have checked for sure while we were still present at the hotel, but there was nothing offered to us for our trouble. In the following few days, we discovered bug bites all over our arms and torso. Apparently we brought bed bugs home from the hotel with us. I now believe this might have been where the blood came from in the first place. Again, our mistake was not checking the bed before sleeping in it. This "discounted" room has now cost us almost $400 in cleaning products, mattress bags, clothing steamers, and dry cleaning costs, not to mention the electricity usage from having our washing machine and dryer running almost constantly since our stay. I do not expect their customer service representatives to be of much help with this new complaint as they were not helpful before, but I wanted to let other potential customers know about our experience since staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa H
Wen zhong G, Front Office Manager at Lagoon Harbour Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hi Melissa, thank you for your feedback it was nice to talk to you finally. I was disappointed to hear that you did not have a pleasant check-in experience and can assure you I will be personally investigating the matter, to assure satisfaction for our guest next time. I know our front office team will do everything in their power to check our guests in as soon as possible however, on the occasion our guests arrive earlier than 3PM, it may require a few phone calls to our housekeeping team to clean the room. And I'm sorry to hear the rooms weren't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. I have personally addressed this with our housekeeping staff to ensure this won't happen again. As we spoke about on the phone, we have refunded you amount which should be showing up on your online banking within 2-3 business days. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

First time actually staying at this hotel. Had visited 20 years before. Nice room overlooking the canal with beautiful boats cruising by. It was cheap and cheerful.
The staff were friendly and the breakfast was simple, delicious and not expensive.

Room Tip: Great value
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed this getaway at the Knights inn. The staff was very friendly. The room was decent and clean. And in the morning we had a small breakfast that was included. A hot tub and pool were also available for use. And a small beach. I would recommend it to visitors to this area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family