“Great Local”

Ranked #9 of 261 Restaurants in Greeley
Price range: USD 9 - USD 17
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fat Albert's Restaurant has proudly served this community since March 1, 1982. We pride ourselves in serving award-winning sandwiches and homemade foods and desserts. Our goal is to serve our products with exceptional service. My hope is that our family can show your family a memorable dining experience. -Sue
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Lots of locals come here. The prices are reasonable for the area and the food is quite good. Billiards in the back. Sunshine and people watching up front. Mike and Ryan are especially helpful. Make this your watering hole while your in town.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I used to go Fat Alberts when I attended UNC as an undergrad student. This was more years ago than I care to remember. We went here for my twins' birthday and again recently for a quick dinner.

Fat Alberts offers a variety of choices from sandwiches or salads to full meals such as; chicken fried steak. They have always been known for their homemade pies too.

Delicious, good service, not fancy, but friendly and no wait time at this Greeley staple.

1  Thank rebeccav933
Reviewed 17 March 2017

The staff here is amazing! So kind and attentive. The dessert was delicious! But as far as the other food goes my husband and I just think that it's average and some things are a little pricey for just average. My husband got the Avocado Club Melt. It was a really big sandwich and he said it was pretty good but that it definitely was not worth almost $15. I got the Monte Cristo with potato skins as my side. The Monte Cristo was alright. I've had better. But I was really disappointed in the potato "skins." They were not potato skins at all. It was literally just a whole potato that they cut in half and served with sour cream. I paid $1.50 extra to get cheese and bacon added on it when potato skins are supposed to already come with that. I really wanted to love this place because of the amazing staff and because I like to support local business...but the food is just average. Maybe we didn't order the right things? Because other people seem to really love it. I would definitely still come back for dessert though!!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We were in Greeley over the lunch hour and saw Fat Albert's high on TA recommendations. It's a little hard to find and we drove around the parking lot a couple of times until we saw it. It's sort of wedged into the bottom side of a two story bank building.

It was a beautiful sunny day and we chose to sit on the patio.

The menu is varied and I couldn't decide from several different items. I finally settled on the Fried Clam Sandwich. It was very good, and I wouldn't have been surprised to find out the clams were freshly breaded and fried. A side of very good coleslaw. Wife had the Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap and a side garden salad. The pies in the lobby display case were sort of nostalgic and very tempting.

We had a very good server and would return.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

This is the BEST Restaurant for EVERYTHING! You must have desert FIRST, life is to short and their food is sooo good if you don't have their NOT to be MISSED deserts first then you just might not have room and that would be such a pity. I've had most everything on their menu, since I have been going here for about 25 years now, and it's so hard to pick a favorite. Everything is so GREAT!!!!

1  Thank sberry920