“Good food and great service”
Review of Fat Cat Cafe

Fat Cat Cafe
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Fat Cat is a simple place.... the weekend breakfast buffet is good... they even have a table full of homemade pies and desserts. The owner is delightful. She's chatty, friendly, and makes you feel at home!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Had the breakfast buffet on Sun AM. The owner/manager(?) met us with friendly conversation like we had been there many times before and could not have been nicer. While I was at the buffet looking over everything (very nice selection), I was greeted by another employee (guessing the owner's husband/chef/whatever) and went on to describe everything on the buffet. Handmade scones, fresh danishes, croissants, scrambled eggs, Huevos Rancheros Casserole, 2 different quiches, amazing bacon and sausage, handmade biscuits (with gravy), homemade green chili, and these hard boiled eggs wrapped in ground sausage and breadcrumbs thing that were out of this world...
That is just a sample of what was there, not including the fresh cinnamon rolls by the beverage area or the table full of deserts (!) which was explained to me that since your metabolism works hardest in the morning, you need to have desert after breakfast and not dinner. this included pies, cakes, brownies, etc that all looked handmade and fabulous!!!! However, I was so full from the egg-sausage breadcrumb things and corned beef hash that I couldn't even force down a piece of the most delicious looking peach pie I have ever seen...
I will make a point the next time I am in Grand Lake to not only hit the buffet again, but try their other food as well.

1  Thank Craig O
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My boyfriend and I went there for breakfast the first day, and then we HAD to go back. Sally, the owner (I am assuming) was so wonderfully pleasant. She's British and the first thing from her lips when she saw us the second morning for breakfast was, "Good morning Loves!!!!" Do your best Mary Poppins voice here :-) The food was phenomenal...again!!! The fresh baked pastries, to the awesome potatoes to the eggs, to the fresh grated sharp cheddar, to the fresh pico de gallo...it goes on and on!!!!!!! If it wasn't on the buffet, they would make something for you. I can't imangine you couldn't find what your breakfast appetite could desire.

1  Thank Kara H
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Wife and I stayed in Grand Lake on a getaway and had the pleasure of enjoying an outstanding breakfast. Great locals atmosphere and our host/owner -- a transplanted Brit -- was just terrific (told me that they don't have a website or even spend time on the computer...refreshing). Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Grand lake is such a neat little old west style town and this cafe is a good quick place for meals without paying an arm and a leg.