Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 182*
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge Grand Junction(Grand Junction)(Great Value!)
USD 66*
Residence Inn Grand Junction(Grand Junction)
USD 182*
USD 142*
Residence Inn
Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW(Grand Junction)(Great Value!)
USD 121*
USD 124*
USD 186*
USD 165*
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Grand Junction(Grand Junction)(Great Value!)
USD 143*
USD 126*
Courtyard Grand Junction(Grand Junction)(Great Value!)
USD 144*
USD 140*
Courtyard
Grand Junction Palomino Inn(Grand Junction)(Great Value!)
USD 78*
All reviewswafflesroom was cleancontinental breakfastwould stay here againnothing fancymini fridgeclose to the airportvillage innking roomthe ground floorhorizon driveroad tripgood nights sleepper nightconvenient locationgreat pricestaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights doing the Wineries tours. Our friends had a room next to ours. Our room review: it had one of the cleanest bathrooms of any motel I have stayed out. Even though this is an older hotel we could tell the staff tried to take extra efforts to make it as clean and nice as possible. The continental breakfast was really nice with 2 waffle makers, yogurt, 'can' fruit, bagels, pastries, juices, coffee and loads of different types of tea as well as hot chocolate mix, a nice clean sitting area to enjoy breakfast in was nice also. The pool and hot tub were clean. Our room had a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker. The beds were clean and comfy. Location was very good with plenty of restaurants and fast food places nearby. The price was very reasonable. We will certainly stay here again while visiting Grand Junction.

Room Tip: Great location..within walking distance to several restaurants and fast food places.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank monakayk
Sharonwoelfle, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Thank you for writing a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Grand Junction for Winefest. It is a great event and I'm glad we were able to accomodate you. We will see you next time. Sharon

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Checked in late, and left early so it was not as if I spent a long time there. The room seemed to be average cleanliness. A guy does expect to have a hot shower in the morning. I never got that. To be fair, I never had the time to complain so I'm not sure if the manager could have made it right. Overall, the motel may fit the bill if there was hot water for you.

Room Tip: Make sure there is hot water.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. In one building we do have to let the water run in the morning to get hot water going through the pipes. Many people are not in the habit of letting the water run so it does seem that there is no hot water. I do apologize that you didn't get a hot shower. You are correct that it is not a good way to start the day. Sharon

Reviewed 23 September 2011

This motel was just what I wanted and more. It was clean and reasonably priced ----- but also had several amenities, including really good free wifi. The staff was excellent. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Thank you! I appreciate your comments. Sharon

Reviewed 12 September 2011

OK.. We were in town for a horse show and i will mark this hotel off my list to never come back. The help at the desk was not friendly, the room was old and smelled. I think there was a hooker in a room a few doors down.
On a good note the mattress saved my weekend..it looked lumpy but was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Sharonwoelfle, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is never pleasant to hear negative comments from a guest but it is always a good chance for improvement. I am proud of the staff at the hotel and I am disappointed that you did not receive the service we pride ourselves in. We are an older hotel and we do try to keep our rooms clean and in good condition. I always appreciate it when a guest lets the front desk know when a room does not meet their expectations. It gives us an opportunity to correct any problems or offer a different room. I am sorry you were unhappy with your room. It is a concern that a guest would be perceived as a hooker because we try to have a family friendly atmosphere with our picnic area and playground. Your comments have been helpful and I do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I chose this hotel because it was our very last hotel we needed to stay at on our 2 week road trip vacation. We were short on money because it was the end of our 2 week vacation, and when i saw this hotel online and saw it's prices, AND the reviews, i didn't hesitate to book it. ALL the reviews I had read that were written this year or last were good positive reviews. Maybe I was just being snobby because we'd stayed in alot newer nicer hotels throughout our vacation, but I most likely wouldn't choose to stay here again. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't something to write home to mom about. You could tell they really try to keep it nice with how old the hotel is. The beds were comfy enough, pillows were okay, and there were plenty of them, I slept fine, but i didn't like that I could see that the mattress pad didn't cover the whole mattress...just most of the middle. That grossed me out. Also, the bedspread on one of the beds was clearly dirty. You always hear how hotels don't wash their bedspreads. I could clearly see they didn't wash at least one of the bedspreads in our room. There wasn't stains on the carpet, but there were dead crickets on the floor by the door and dresser. Who knows, maybe Grand Junction has a cricket problem, but i felt like i needed to keep my suitcase zipped up all night so nothing crawled in there. The AC worked great but smelled kinda funny, just an old unit I guess. The continental breakfast was great! They have 2 waffle irons to make waffles and they cooked them perfectly and pretty fast which was nice. They also provide juices and yogurts, bagels and bread for toast. They also offer canned fruit, but it was good. Fruit is fruit to me! My kids liked the breakfast too. For what we needed, it pretty much met our needs. I could have done without the dead crickets and would have liked to have clean bedspreads and a mattress pad that covered the WHOLE bed, but everyone in the office was really nice and helpful and you can tell they really care and try to make it as good as they can. They offer a computer and printer in the front desk for your use plus they offer free wifi in the rooms. I think I saw written somewhere that they offer a free shuttle to the airport. Next time though, I'll probably just fork over 30 or 40 more dollars for the Holiday Inn or La Quinta across the street.

Room Tip: ask for a room downstairs because there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are an older hotel and we do have to focus on refurbishing and updating many aspects of the hotel. We replace and renovate continually as our budget allows. I apologize that you did not have a room that met your expectations. We do have new mattress pads that cover the whole bed and we are changing our bedding to eliminate bedspreads, we just haven't been able to change all of our rooms yet. We feel that these replacements are important so I appreciate your input. I am sorry about the dead crickets! I don't think there is a problem in this area compared to anywhere else but maintenance does spray routinely as a preventative. We try to offer affordable, clean, comfortable rooms with added amenities for our guests. I am sorry that we failed to give you the accommodations we strive to provide.